Looking for a job with an organization that truly cares about your health, safety, and success? How about a job where you have opportunity for advancement, variable pay for performance, job stability and great co-workers and leadership?
At Georgia-Pacific, we don’t believe that a job is just simply a job. We see each role as a career and a way to advance your skills to not only better your life, but the community as well. Our Georgia- Pacific Madison, GA facility is seeking a qualified candidate, with a positive “can-do” attitude, to join our team as a Maintenance Millwright. The Millwright helps ensure the successful operation of the facility by resolving mechanical issues, recommending alternative repairs and equipment upgrades, identifying quality concerns, and understanding the production threshold of the equipment. Millwrights work a rotating shift that includes weekends, holidays, and overtime.
Georgia-Pacific in Madison, GA manufactures pine plywood panels and siding that are ideal for residential and light commercial construction. GP employees strive for safety and health excellence while achieving an injury free workplace. To learn more about our Building Products division, visit www.buildgp.com.
- Help us meet or exceed production waste and quality goals through a quality maintenance program.
- Keep work area clean throughout shift.
- Being a team player and be comfortable working with others.
- Reading and understanding work instructions.
- Adhere to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Conduct maintenance on equipment in accordance with the scheduled maintenance requirements.
- Candidates must be able to work any shift, including overtime, weekends, and holidays (as scheduled).
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Eligible to work in the United States.
- Successful completion of a pre-employment background check and drug screen.
- Willingness to work in a hot, humid, cold, and noisy industrial environment.
- Willingness to perform repetitive and physically demanding tasks for extended periods (lifting, walking, climbing, pushing, twisting, stooping).
- Willingness to wear necessary Personal Protective Equipment (safety glasses, ear plugs, hard hat, 6” top leather steel toe boots, etc.).
- Willingness to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations.
- Willingness to work in a tobacco-free environment.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in vertical mills, or lathes, and must be able to do own set ups with minimal training.
- Experience in machining steel, stainless steel, aluminum, cast aluminum, cast iron.
- Must have own measuring tools and common hand tools,
- Must be have good understanding of tool holder, insert types, lathe threading, turning and boring set ups and be able to train others.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in basic hydraulics, pneumatics, reading hydraulic schematics, fabrication, cutting with torch, welding, reading blue prints, precision measurements and geometric tolerances, inspection gages, and layout procedures.
- Must be able to troubleshoot, install, align, dismantle and repair industrial machinery and mechanical equipment for improved reliability and up time.
- Knowledge of bearings, chains, sprockets and precision alignment of motors and couplings.
- Must be able to operate hoisting and lifting devices, set-up, and repair of machinery. Adjust machinery and repair and/or replace defective parts.
- Must have the ability to communicate in verbal and written form and must have basic computer skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills, must be a self-starter and require little or no supervision.
- At least 2 years of mechanical and technical training.
Georgia-Pacific is one of the world's leading manufacturers of tissue, pulp, paper, packaging, building products and related chemicals. We provide an excellent benefits program, including medical, dental, 401(k), pension benefit, etc.
Georgia-Pacific is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V. To apply, please visit our website at:www.gp.com/careers