Georgia-Pacific is seeking a Grounds Technician (in Press department) for its Oriented Strand Board (OSB) facility located in Gladys, VA. Technicians must have a willingness to embrace change, share knowledge with others, treat others with respect and dignity, practice humility, conduct all affairs lawfully and with integrity, while demonstrating a sense of urgency, discipline, accountability, judgment, initiative, and critical thinking skills necessary to create maximum long-term value and realize your full potential and fulfillment in your work.
- Responsible for the housekeeping and clean-up of all parts of the facility, which can include heights (up to 80 ft) and confined spaces.
- Perform as-needed duties such as equipment set-up and clean-up, ground support, furniture moving, snow and ice removal, and other tasks.
- Learn basic operation of Press, Forming, and Blending heavy equipment.
- Must be willing to work any shift - including 12-hr rotating shifts, weekends, holidays and overtime in a hot, humid, cold and noisy, tobacco-free industrial environment
- Perform tasks such as lifting up to 50 lbs., walking, climbing, stooping, standing, reaching, pushing and/or pulling for at least twelve (12) hours a day in high and/or confined spaces.
- Assist with coverage gaps in Press area.
- Work closely with Area Superintendent to identify and close gaps in the department.
- Working in team-based environment. Communicating effectively and respectfully with other team members.
- Using hand tools and other equipment, such as air hoses and rakes
- Maintaining a clean, safe, and environmentally sound work environment
- Adhere to all plant health, safety, and environmental guidelines, policies, and procedures with the ability to wear the necessary Personal Protection Equipment (i.e. hard hats, safety glasses, face shield, ear plugs, steel-toe boots and other PPE required by specific jobs).
- Attending and participating in all training and team meetings
- Learning new tasks (including Ground Support) and becoming proficient in performing these tasks.
- Operating mobile equipment, including but not limited to front end loader, sweeper, forklift, and manlift.
- Other duties as assigned in various work areas.
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School Diploma or GED
- Experience using a computer for email, data entry, creating documents, etc.
- Willing and able to become CPR certified and First-Aid trained
- Experience operating mobile equipment.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Preferably at least one (1) year of industrial or manufacturing experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to work in a team-based environment
- Collaborate effectively with all team members
- Ability to work safely and efficiently
- Effective communication skills – both written and verbal
- Demonstrate initiative and high attention to detail
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf