Are you a self-motivated individual who has experience installing, troubleshooting and repairing electrical equipment? Do you want to work in an environment where you’ll be encouraged to share and expand upon your knowledge? If so, Georgia-Pacific is hiring an Industrial Electrician for our facility in Madison, GA and we are interested in learning more about you! An Industrial Electrician is responsible for installing and troubleshooting electrical equipment within the mill to support the long-term quality and production goals of the organization. This position also performs preventative maintenance in order to ensure electrical equipment reliability. Our Industrial Electricians work as a team to ensure a safe working environment for all employees.
Georgia-Pacific in Madison, GA manufactures pine plywood panels and siding that are ideal for residential and light commercial construction. GP employees strive for safety and health excellence while achieving an injury free workplace. To learn more about our Building Products division, visit www.buildgp.com.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Repair and maintain electrical equipment
- Read and interpret electrical schematics to troubleshoot and install equipment
- Take an active role in a quality maintenance program to reduce production waste and achieve production quality goals
- Troubleshoot and maintain Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC’s)
- Maintain, troubleshoot and repair electrical control systems such as relay logic, motor controls and AC/DC drives
- Change out parts; repair or upgrade electrical equipment, relays, fuses, motor and/or wiring; and transfer work to the shop as necessary
- Perform preventative maintenance tasks as assigned
- Maintain housekeeping standards
- Complete daily work orders
- Adhere to plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies, and procedures
- Work in a loud/noisy, hot, humid and greasy environment
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to work any shift, variable start times, overtime, weekends, and holidays as scheduled
- A minimum of three (3) years of electrical experience in an industrial, manufacturing or industrial military environment
- Experience troubleshooting and maintaining Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC’s)
- Experience reading electrical schematics
- Experience maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing electrical control systems including but not limited to relay logic, motor controls and AC/DC drives
- Computer skills for record keeping and documentation functions
- Ability to install industrial electrical equipment
- Experience working with electrical controls for pneumatic and hydraulic systems
- Ability to work on machinery at various heights
- Maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, including wearing safety equipment
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience with a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Experience installing, examining, replacing or repairing Variable Frequency Drives (VFD)’s and motor controllers
- Experience installing, maintaining and programming Allen Bradley Contrologix PLC’s
- Experience working with PID Controls in A B Contrologix
- Associate’s degree or higher in Electrical Information Technology
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf