MOLDING SHIFT B PROCESS TECHNICIAN (FLOATER)
Who is Guardian Industries?
When you are looking at a city’s skyline or any of the latest cars and trucks, chances are you’re seeing our products. Through Guardian Glass, a Guardian Industries company, we make high- performance, energy efficient glass for homes and buildings. SRG Global™, a Guardian Industries company, makes automotive trim products that define a vehicle’s DNA and help improve fuel efficiency. And perhaps most of all, we make the ideas, formulas and processes that make these products possible. Guardian Industries is 18,000 people working to make products that improve people’s lives! To Learn more visit our website at:https://www.guardian.com
SRG Global is seeking you to become our next Molding Shift Technician!
What You Will Do In Your Role
In your role you will follow all plant safety policies and plant ISO/TS 16949 & ISO-14001 policies and instructions. Along with following those protocols you will also be responsible for the following:
- Setting Mold Tools
- Setting up Hot Runner Panels
- Setting up Valve Gate Units
- Setting up Injection Press
- Setting up De-Gater, End of Arm Tooling and work cell machines are required
- Setting up and programming Robot
- Releasing good parts at start-up
- Trouble shoot and correct all aspects of the process to make quality molded parts
- Support engineering on tool trials and scrap reduction
- Keeping work area clean and organized
- Setting up / repairing / fabricating Robot End of Arm Tooling
- Trouble shooting and repairing robot
- Read and understand documentation in order to install tools, hot runners and valve gate units
- Read and understand documentation in order to set-up, repair and fabricate robot end of arm tooling
- Read and understand documentation in order to set-up and program robots
- Read and understand documentation in order to support engineering to support scrap reduction
- Physical Demands:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing this job the employee will be:
- Standing, Walking, Bending, Lifting, Laying, using Stairs/ladders to perform work, climbing.
- Work will be on concrete floors and at elevated levels if needed to perform work on mold presses
- Work Environment:
- The Process Technician will be required to wear hearing protection, eye protection and safety shoes
- The facility is temperature controlled; the normal temperature is approximately 68F during the winter and 85F during the summer
- Daily work involves working with grease, oils and other manufacturing related chemicals
- Daily work involves being in and around elevated temperatures and heat sources of up to 800F
- Must have regular and predictable attendance
- Must wear steel-toed boots
- The Process Technician must be able to perform job functions in parallel.(Multi-tasking)
- The Process Technician must be self supervised
The Experience You Will Bring
- Proficient at using hand tools
- Proficient at using Fork Trucks, Cranes & General Lifting Equipment
- Proficient at using measurement tools (calipers, micrometers, etc)
- Proficient at using computers
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years experience as a Set-Up
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf