Senior Project Manager
The Senior Project Manager (PM) is responsible for leading, organizing, and motivating project teams to achieve a high level of performance and quality in delivering IT projects that meet the business needs of our customers. Projects will vary depending on complexity, scope, and approach. Depending on project type and team constraints either agile, waterfall or hybrid approach is utilized. The PM is responsible for managing several concurrent high visibility projects, using various methods, in a fast-paced environment that may cross multiple business domains. The program manager will work with the team to plan and execute the project. In addition, program manager will manage project scope, issues, risks, stakeholders, budget, financials, and communications. The PM will also negotiate variations to resource commitments (financial and people) to ensure the successful completion of the project. By using effective leadership skills, the PM will lead project teams and individuals to achieve the set goals and objectives of the project.
Minimal travel is expected and will range from 0% to 10% depending on project needs.
What You Will Do In Your Role
Leadership skills in interacting with both business and IT individuals at all levels including the executive level, leading cross-functional teams, on-shore/off-shore development/QA teams/Vendors in a matrix-ed environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching, collaborating, and team building
- Excellent analytical, planning, and organizational skills
- Ability to analyze a project, team and environment constraints in order to develop the most suitable PM/SDLC processes for that team/project.
- Proven ability to successfully lead software development projects and ensure objectives, goals, and commitments are met
- Ability to track and formally report on overall progress, financial health, risks, issues, and mitigation strategies of project
- Project/Program Management: Ability to use appropriate tools and techniques to plan and secure resources to manage, assist and ensure the progress and ultimate completion of designated projects; effectively manage time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently. Including but not limited to: Project Charter, Project Plans, Project Sponsors, Status Routines, Change and Decision logs, Risk/Issue Management and Stake Holder Management
- Project Budgeting: Knowledge of project budgeting procedures. Includes financial forecasting and preparation of necessary documents.
- Project Estimating: Ability to estimate the cost of a project, including the hardware, software, network and other related costs to design, develop, test and deploy the required solution.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree or at least 7 years of experience in working as a project/program manager for software application development or data delivery (data lake, data warehouse) projects.
- At least 2 years of experience utilizing Agile development methodologies (Scrum, Kanban)
- Complete lifecycle experience in managing multiple, concurrent medium to large scale IT projects from ideation to close.
- Demonstrated experience in:
oAgile, Waterfall and Hybrid methodology of software project management
oProject management tools (e.g. Azure DevOps, Planview), Microsoft Project or equivalent PM tools, Microsoft Office Tools (MS Office, Teams, OneNote)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
- Experience with Microsoft Dev products and Cloud technologies (AWS)
- Experience working in a PMO
- Knowledge on Accounting and Finance is a plus
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf