EHS (Environmental, health and safety) Engineer
We are presently recruiting for an Environmental Health & Safety Engineer at our Guardian Glass facility in 10th of Ramadan city, Egypt. EHS engineer will be responsible for driving EH&S culture, training, Health and Safety programs, inspections and improvements associated with the Environmental, Health and Safety management system. The EH&S engineer reports directly to the EH&S Manager and will partner with the Guardian Leadership Team to drive forward the principles, values, and stated policies.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Track Safety and Training Statistics within the plant and preparing reports to management as needed.
- Implements and coordinates programs to reduce and eliminate injuries, illnesses, and environmental incidents.
- Supporting line management in behavior-based safety initiatives.
- Ability to coach and empower supervisors and shop floor employees.
- Develop and implement incident investigations, data analysis, and recurrence prevention programs and procedures using effective problem-solving methods such as Bowtie and Cause Maps.
- Supporting and improving EH&S systems to manage the plant’s compliance obligations.
- Support plant leadership in conducting and reviewing risk assessments for their areas of responsibility and ensure that adequate control measures identified and implemented.
- Responsible for bringing the Guardian facility into compliance with existing and emerging EH&S regulations.
- Will assess safety issues and if necessary, develop both short and long-term solutions to build effective programs.
- Providing assurance that all personnel have the necessary understanding and training to remain in compliance with EH&S policies and procedures.
- Actively promoting the Guiding Principles and MBM® culture across the organization with a primary focus on compliance, hazard awareness, incident prevention, risk management, open communication, and knowledge sharing.
- Coordination and administration of company safety programs, including but not limited to, compliance programs such as Hazard Communication, PTW, Confined Space, Respiratory and Energy Control.
- Promotes knowledge sharing and implementation of operational best practices.
- Ensure that all the contractor employees aligned with safety vision and work within the Guardian contractor management performance standard.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree of Science, Agriculture, Engineering or equivalent
- 3 to 5 years of EH&S experience in manufacturing industries (experience in the multination work environment and construction field will be advantageous)
- NEBOSH IGC & OSHA holder is a must.
- Having sound knowledge about OHSAS 18001 (ISO 45001), ISO 14001 or other international Environmental health and safety standards.
- An excellent working knowledge of Egyptian EH&S legislation and the application of this to manufacturing activities such as OH&S, civil defence, and Environmental regulations.
- Familiar with various emission control devices and testing to ensure compliance.
- Ability to be on call or work off hours as needed.
- Demonstrated ability to accomplish tasks independently with attention to details and organizational abilities.
- Superior analytical/ problem solving/ root cause analyses, written and verbal communications.
- Microsoft office proficiency that includes high level proficiency with Power Point & Excel.
- Supervision skills
What Will Put You Ahead
- Has an IOSH Managing safely certification.
- Proven track record of success implementing effective EH&S practices/programs with project management skills.
- Experience interacting with and training all levels of employees regarding regulatory and company EH&S requirements.
- Ability to write complex correspondence, policies, and procedures.
- Excellent interpersonal skills (including verbal, written, and negotiation skills). Strong sense of service and support.