Georgia-Pacific is currently seeking an engineering minded Reliability Manager for our corrugated box facility in Madera, California.
The Reliability Manager is responsible for creating and implementing a reliability program and setting a strategy to improve machine reliability and uptime. They will be working with new and aging assets, building a preventative/predictive maintenance program to reduce unplanned downtime. The reliability manager will work with a team of salaried and hourly maintenance professionals as well as corporate technical SMEs to execute on their strategy. It is imperative that the reliability manager be able to prioritize work to achieve long term value and be flexible to adjust to ever-changing conditions. This role will be expected to be available nights and weekends as needed.
To learn more about Georgia-Pacific Corrugated, check out these videos:
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Taking ownership of the results of the people, processes, and equipment that impact the reliability of the operation while fully utilizing the maintenance & reliability resources
- Deep diving and analysis of downtime for each capital asset
- Developing and implementing a predictive and preventive maintenance strategy to include operator basic care
- Fostering an environment where safety is a value not just a priority
- Enforcing a safe work environment and ensuring personnel are practicing safe work practices
- Working with operations leaders to ensure that the equipment meets required specifications
- Managing of financial resources and accountability of equipment parts inventory
- Assessing machine conditions by using technical, electrical, and mechanical skills
- Developing cohesive teams between the operations and maintenance groups to improve reliability
- Engaging with crews and supervisors on a daily basis, within each department, to ensure that each department is focusing on the performance of the people, processes and equipment
- Advancing a Market Based Management (MBM®) culture
The Experience You Will Bring
- High school diploma or GED
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in industrial/manufacturing or military experience
- Experience managing people
- Experience using Microsoft Office programs such as Word (to write business correspondence), Excel (for use of spreadsheets, reporting, simple formulas) and Outlook (for internal and external correspondence)
- This role requires necessary Personal Protection equipment (PPE) to be worn at times (i.e. hard hats, safety glasses, face shield, chemical suit, respirator, ear plugs, hearing protection, steel-toe boots or safety shoes and other PPE required by specific jobs)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Engineering
- Experience as Reliability Manager OR Maintenance Manager
- Experience with programmable logic controllers (PLC)
- Experience in capital budgeting & management
- Experience within the corrugated packaging industry
- Experience with a CMMS (computerized maintenance management systems)
- Experience using preventive and predictive maintenance programs
- Experience managing financial resources and equipment parts inventory & controls
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf