Sr Engineer, Product Design
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Drive the NPD and MOD product development, ensure design works hit each phase gate and release the product on time
- Create 2D/3D, concepts
- FMEA and risk analysis (use of FEA, GD&T, tolerance analysis)
- Review DFM with globally cross functions
- Identify the test procedure and prepare the DVP&R
- Coordinate with globally sections to ensure product design, fabricate, design validation and certification testing is completed according to standards
- Work within a globally functional/manufacturing team on mass production product sustained and maintenance, include some of cost down projects
- Be a technical partner, troubleshoot and provide support to manufacturing engineer, QA, sales, marketing, external customers.
- Insight the existing knowledge and new technology research, build technical influence on cross functions
The Experience You Will Bring
- Completion of a bachelor’s degree of Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent from a four-year college or university, or above
- 5+ years of connector design/improvement experience
- Excellent connector knowledge of contact physics, material, finishes.
- Familiar with connector manufacturing process (stamping, molding, plating, assembly).
- Must be self-motivated, Independent analysis, judgment ability on any design or process issue. This also need dynamic personality with strong winning and high-performance mindset.
- General knowledge of industry standard such as UL, IEC, EIA, USCAR are desirable and experience of testing requirement, techniques for product qualification
- Strong data analysis skills (6sigma /DOE/SPC/CPK/MSA etc.)
- Project and timing management skills, with an ability to plan and prioritize multiple overlapping activities.
- Must have good team-oriented and interpersonal skills to work across global multi-cultural team.
- Strong oral and written English communications skills, ability to communicate globally at all levels internally and externally.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Wire to wire/ wire to board connector design experience (such as white goods, automotive, power, signal connector).
- Knowledge of wire termination techniques, such as crimping, soldering.
- Familiar with FEA software
- Oversea and diverse culture working experience