Production Test System Developers - Cable Testing and Signal Integrity
At Molex we’re committed to improving people’s lives and making the world a better place. Connected Mobility Solutions (CMS), a business unit of Molex LLC, develops innovative products and manufacturing processes around automotive in-vehicle networking, infotainment and lighting segments leveraging Internet of Things (IoT) technologies. At Molex, we are constantly striving to improve and grow both personally and professionally. We put our customer first, and demand only the best. Come join our journey.
We are actively seeking a talented and experienced Production Test Systems Developer. We are changing the way people drive through Automotive High-Speed Cable Assemblies and Connectors. Our Production Test Systems Developer will work from conceptual design through implementation. This person will have the chance to network with cross functional team, vendors, internal and external customers and in-house personnel to lead the design and development of automated end of line testing projects.
We are looking for those that share our passion for solution development and delivery for cutting edge technology. This person will play a critical role in the design and development of hardware and software for RF and microwave electrical test systems. The candidate will develop, integrate, and deploy high volume automated test system complex test solutions used across multiple manufacturing regions around the world.
We have a brand new laboratory and partner closely with manufacturing for the development of high-speed cable assemblies, connectors, and Gateway/Switch.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Develop, integrate, and deploy software for the control of complex test systems used across multiple manufacturing centers.
- Must coordinate software development activities with various teams, including product development, manufacturing, marketing and quality.
- Perform electrical testing of high-speed cable assemblies, analyze data, identify critical to quality aspects of product design and manufacturing process.
- Perform root cause and corrective action analysis and write reports to summarize findings.
- Help multifunctional teams to design automated production test systems for cable assembly products.
- Help in maintaining records for project execution, schedule, and budget.System design includes activities such as mechanical fixture design, PCB design review, hardware integration, software development, system documentation, performance testing and characterization, etc.
- Create and execute test plans, conduct software reviews, perform system verification and validation, analyze and resolve failure modes and document results.
- Create product and test system documentation, specifications and work instructions.
- Understand, support, and contribute to Molex TQM and Quality and Environmental Management Systems by following approved policies and procedures.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, System, Computer or related Engineering discipline
- Understanding and desire to work in new product development within electronics including: cables, terminals, assemblies, connectors or switches
- Experience with programming languages such as Python, LabView, C#, and C/C++.
- Ability to apply computer programming concepts to solve complex problems in a variety of programming environments.
- Experience or education within RF, signal integrity or microwave testing
- Hands on experience with VNA (vector network analyzer)
- Knowledge of RF/microwave transmission line theory including s-parameters, Fourier transformers, characteristic impedance, eye diagrams, time-domain analysis, cross talk, bit error rate testing, etc.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf