Environmental, Health and Safety Manager (m/f/d)
In order to strengthen our team at Guardian Flachglas GmbH in Thalheim, we are looking for an Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Manager (m/f/d) reporting to the Plant Manager in permanent employment at the earliest possible date:
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Develop knowledge, use and advance our MBM (Market Based Management) culture
- Lead the preparation of risk analysis including the assessment of environmental risks and the
- Planning, implementation, monitoring and optimisation of operational processes in the areas of environmental management, health and safety with the aim of supporting the leadership team to ensure a safe working environment whilst using fewer resources.
- Ensuring cost-effective implementation of strategic EHS-targets to ensure maximum safety for all employees and implementation of sustainability projects
- Responsibility for compliance with and implementation of EHS-processes and guidelines, taking into account current legislation
- Developing a suitable KPI system in alignment with Global/Regional priorities and control the budget for EHS projects
- Organization and management of internal and external ETS audits
- Lead the investigation and reporting of EH&S incidents to develop systems and capability of employees to prevent further incidents.
- Coordinate with customers and suppliers to ensure EHS standards
- Technical leadership of security officers and ETS coordinators
- The contact person for the assessment of environmental risks, the development of environmental strategies and the implementation of sustainability projects
- Regular reporting, advising, and coaching of the plant leadership team on all EHS-relevant issues to ensure the company's competitiveness
- Support Operations with the creation and implementation of training measures for employees and corresponding EHS guidelines for managers
The Experience You Will Bring
- At least 5 years of professional experience in the environmental, health and safety of a manufacturing company
- Excellent knowledge of environmental and health & safety regulations and standards
- Strong experience of implementation and development of occupational safety and health protection programs as well as in environmental management and corporate environmental protection
- Relevant experience in managing and leading cross-functional teams and project management know-how
- Distinctive analytical, conceptual, and process-oriented thinking, coupled with a high affinity for numbers
- High proficiency of both spoken and written English.
- Competent user of MS-Office applications.
- High level of commitment and initiative
- Assertiveness, as well as very good communication skills at all levels of the organization both inside the plant and with regional leadership.