Guardian is a diversified global manufacturing company headquartered in Auburn Hills, Michigan, with leading positions in float glass and fabricated glass products for commercial, residential and transportation applications as well as one of the world’s largest producers of automotive plastic trim products. Guardian, its subsidiaries and affiliates employ 18,000 people and operate facilities throughout North America, Europe, South America, Africa, the Middle East and Asia. Guardian is a whole-owned subsidiary of Koch Industries, one of the largest privately owned businesses in the US.
Saudi Guardian Glass International Company Ltd. (Gulf Guard) is a partnership between the Guardian Middle East and Africa SA (“Guardian”) and the National Glass Industries Company (Zoujaj). This partnership was established in 1994 and is operating and manufacturing in the factory located in Jubail, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
What You Will Do In Your Role
The Plant Manager is responsible for leading the plant team, advancing our Market Based Management MBM cultureMBM and maximizing long-term value at the GulfGuardfacility. This position has direct supervisory responsibility for the Production team, Maintenance, Quality, EHS (environmental health and safety), Supply Chain and various operational support roles at the plant. This leader will lead the site’s efforts in the following 8 elements of operational excellence: (1) Process and Operational Safety; (2) Environmental; (3) Reliability; (4) Conduct of Operations; (5) Quality, Yield and Supply Chain; (6) Energy; (7) Cost-Effectiveness; (8) Project Execution. This is a P&L ownership position and has a high level ofvisibility with growth opportunities beyond the site.
- Connect people to company’s vision, guiding principles and code of conduct
- Understand, practice and be the catalyst that advances Market Based Management culture
- Provide strategic direction for the GulfGuard plant to meet and exceed the needs of our customers while using the fewest possible resources
- Be the Safety Champions, know what good looks like, have presence, and set the right tone.
- Create long term value through risk management, waste elimination, superior products & services, and scalable process.
- Connect team members to our global, regional, and plant priorities
- Leverage existing capabilities and build new capabilities resulting in competitive advantage
- Ensure a safe, reliable, and cost-effective plant operations
- Embrace Challenge Process and hold plant leadership team accountable for result
- Create an environment where people earn our Ticket to Operate daily by putting safety first, working without injury and ensuring compliance with all laws and regulations
- Support commercial transformations on becoming customers’ preferred global supplier of glass
The Experience You Will Bring
- Experience in production operations with large portion being of supervisory experience
- Experience leading a team in a production environment
- Strong business and managerial skills
- Experience using problem-solving methodology: 6-sigma, 5 Whys, PDCA
- Track record of establishing and maintaining strong processes in a team atmosphere
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience managing an insulated glass fabrication or commercial/residential window facility
- Bachelor’s degree in Operations Management, Industrial Engineering, or Business Administration
- Ability to lead a diverse of people of different perspectives, experiences, aptitudes and skills
- Prior experience managing large production facilities