KM&T, with offices in Geneva, London, Singapore and with its head office in the US, is a global commodity trading company participating in nearly all commodity markets but focusing on petroleum and energy.
As part of the Asia-Pacific Power team the Quantitative Power Analyst will provide fundamental and statistical analysis of the Asia-Pacific Electricity markets. The candidate would be expected to have a strong quantitative skills and programming capability.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Fundamental analytics - to lead on power analysis on the Asia-Pacific power markets with a focus on new and established power markets
- Maintain and develop current S&D stacks models.
- Provide analytical insight to developing existing and future strategy development.
- Manage data inputs and sources for power analysis.
- Maintain and support fundamental research on the power and gas markets for Koch.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Strong knowledge of statistical techniques and applications.
- Strong analytical capabilities and problem-solving skills.
- Good knowledge and proven application of weather fundamentals in power markets.
- Previous experience of European or Asia-Pacific Power market fundamental/statistical/quantitative analysis.
- Programming experience in one of the following languages essential (Matlab, R or VBA).
- Pro-active and capable of working independently to achieve project deadlines.
- Effective communication skills and ability to explain complex quantitative approaches in non-technical language.
- High level of intellectual curiosity.
- Ability to work accurately and efficiently.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Analytical experience from a utility and financial trading institution.