Head of Power Trading APAC
KM&T, with offices in Geneva, London, Singapore and with its head office in the US, is a global commodity trading company participating in nearly all commodity markets but focusing on petroleum and energy.
As part of the Asia-Pacific Power business the Power Trader will provide proprietary trading strategies in the Asia -Pacific electricity markets. The candidate would be expected to have a deep understanding of Asia-Pacific Power markets and a proven track record in power trading.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Ownership of the book for Asia-Pacific power proprietary positions in new and established power markets.
- Communicate with the wider commercial team to maintain and develop desk trading strategy and POV.
- Drive the development of new power analytics and future strategy development.
- Maintain and support fundamental research on the power and gas markets for Koch.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Five years plus trading Asia-Pacific power markets with experience in Japanese and Australian power
- Accomplished at building a diversified strategy approach to Risk deployment.
- Understanding of flow-based market coupling and priced-based market coupling in electricity markets.
- Strong analytical capabilities and problem-solving skills.
- Good knowledge and proven application of weather fundamentals in power markets.
- Previous experience of European or Asia-Pacific Power market fundamental analysis.
- High level of intellectual curiosity.
- Ability to work accurately and efficiently.
- Entrepreneur in nature.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience from a utility and financial trading institution.