Georgia-Pacific is looking to hire a safety–oriented Maintenance Technician for our Chemical facility in Conway, NC . The Maintenance Technician is responsible for maintaining and supporting all production, ancillary, facility equipment and systems and performing a variety of maintenance duties, ensuring maximum facility uptime to meet production goals while a safe operation.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Providing maintenance support for manufacturing operations, working rotational weekend on-call duties
- Applying facility safe work policies and practices
- Performing routine equipment repairs and preventive maintenance activities at high places and confined spaces
- Operating equipment such as hoists, man-lifts, rigging equipment, and forklifts to complete mechanical installations, lifting 50 lbs. throughout an eight (8) hour shift
- Collaboratively working with other maintenance employees, management personnel, production operators, engineers, and contractors
- Following work plans and schedules
- Reading piping & instrumentation diagrams and mechanical drawings
- Using proper PPE requires clean shaven for respirator fit
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of one (2) year of mechanical troubleshooting (valves, motors, pumps, etc.) experience in a manufacturing or military environment
- Experience working with, understanding 480V electrical equipment
- Experience working with, understanding, maintaining, and repairing mechanical components e.g.: rotating equipment inspection and assessment, coupling/pulley alignment, belt tensioning and alignment
- Experience working with, understanding, maintaining, and repairing mechanical pumps and seals, valves, and bearings
What Will Put You Ahead
- Associate degree in Industrial Technology, Plant Maintenance, or Industrial Maintenance field
- Experience working with, understanding and maintaining industrial equipment
- Experience with lubrication handling and applications
- Experience with installation, and preventive maintenance in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in laser alignment or Predictive Maintenance Programs
- Experience in working with or around PSM covered equipment
- Experience with reading and understanding P&Id’s
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf