Senior Reliability Engineer
The Senior Reliability Engineer will collaborate with Hardware Engineering, Software Engineering, Service, and Marketing to define and establish product portfolio reliability targets and ensure that reliability best practices are integral to hardware and software new product designs. In addition, the Senior Reliability Engineer will lead efforts to collect, analyze and report on component, subsystem, and systems reliability performance metrics.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Work with customers and vendors to define and manage Telcordia-based qualification programs for optical and optoelectronic hardware, up to the line card level
- Conduct failure mode analyses on optical and optoelectronic components
- Drive system and subsystem assessments and predictions during design
- Lead tooling, fixture, and data gathering initiatives to facilitate the collection of reliability data
- Implement reliability growth and/or qualification tests to validate predictions
- Develop and author system- and component-level reliability test strategies, plans, protocols, and reports
- Identify and lead the design and validation of reliability test fixtures and data acquisition/analysis tools
- Conduct experiments to assess failure modes and vulnerabilities of WSS’s, addressing both industry standard test protocols (Telcordia) and the use of the modules in aggressive real-world conditions.
- Coordinate test and measurement schedules for reliability tests. Evaluate reliability risks associated with structures, parts, materials, and adhesives that are used Determine risks and corrective actions associated with optical mounts and adhesive bonds
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering discipline
- At least 5 years experience defining, reviewing, approving and conducting Telcordia qualification plans for optical and opto-electronic components
- Experience in failure mode analyses on optical and optoelectronic components
- Experience in defining quality levels and reliability tests for electronic components and PCB’s
- Experience instructing staff in reliability techniques, principles and practices
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf