Georgia-Pacific is now hiring Production Operators in our Gypsum plant in Savannah, GA. Production is ramping up and we are adding a 4thshift - 12 hour rotating shift including days & nights – starting at $19 per hour. As a Production Operator, you will be responsible for using hand tools (i.e. blowers, shovels, pitch forks, brooms) to clean up debris in and around machines to ensure a safe work environment for all employees. You will also support machine operators and learn to operate production equipment. This entry-level position offers opportunities to advance as new skills are acquired and openings occur.
Operators work in an industrial environment that is hot, humid and noisy and work around dust grease, oil and other chemical substances. This is a non-climate controlled facility, meaning temperatures can be very high in the summer, and cold in the winter. This role operates on eight to twelve-hour shifts that include weekends, holidays, overtime and rotating shifts. Operators will perform tasks such as lifting, up to 50 lbs., walking, climbing, pushing, twisting and stooping for up to twelve (12) hours a day to perform the responsibilities of this role.
If you want to be a part of a team that works safely, produces a quality product, and provides ongoing learning opportunities, this may be the job for you!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Adhering to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Performing housekeeping functions to aid in keeping machinery functioning properly, to reduce hazards and maintain the appearance of the plant.
- Performing minor repairs to ensure machine reliability and escalate machine maintenance needs appropriately.
- Contributing to a team environment by cross training and filling in for other operators as needed.
- Maintaining strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, to include wearing safety equipment, i.e.: safety glasses, hearing protection, steel-toed boots and other PPE as required by specific jobs
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum 1 year of previous manufacturing experience
What Will Put You Ahead
- 3 years’ experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Experience troubleshooting equipment in a manufacturing environment
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf