BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
This job posting is no longer active.
Business Development Manager – Trade Growth
Business Development is primarily responsible for creating sales growth whilst installing processes that optimize our business performance. These roles demand a high degree of self-motivation, a passion for excellence in packaging print processes and exceptional customer focus. As the new client strategist in the business development group you will develop strategy and tactics to improve new client engagement.
As the trade growth resource in the business development group you will work in support of the Hummingbird (and GP Corrugated) sales organization, focused on generating qualified new business leads via a variety of sales tactics and initiatives.
Sales growth is our primary objective and Hummingbird® is to be a significant contributor to growth and value addition for the GP Corrugated Division. As the Business Development Manager – Trade Growth you will report to the Director of Business Development and will be responsible for supporting revenue growth via developing sales engagement initiatives to attract new major trade clients, to include development of tools, marketing initiatives and support programs for the broader trade sales network.
You are passionate about inspiring and influencing the GP corrugated sales team to higher performance levels. You thrive in a fast paced, high growth environment with a positive attitude and overwhelming desire to succeed. With a love for technology and a passion for innovation, you are always one step ahead of the curve. Quick to learn, incredibly well organized and armed with a tenacious attitude you will be able to move fast to get things done and can think around corners, coming up with creative ideas.
You recognize inkjet digital printing is a relatively new technology that is already very disruptive in the packaging space and recognize the ways in which this disruption can create value for our trade partners, their customers’, and Hummingbird. You are comfortable using your creative and strategic relationship skills to develop new ideas that will engage new clients toward our value proposition. Initial engagement will, for the most part, focus on how to use digital print solutions to help them increase their value to the brands and customers they serve whilst also helping to improve their operations. You will take existing (and new) sales materials and value offerings to these external clients with the target of creating new project opportunities.
THIS IS A HOME BASED POSITION – WE ARE OPEN TO SOMEONE LIVING ANYWHERE IN THE U.S. THAT IS WITHIN A REASONABLE DISTANCE TO A MAJOR AIRPORT.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Develop new trade client engagements and related pursuit tactics, to include new tools, processes, training materials, etc. You must be able to understand how to attract these new client opportunities, cultivating solid new relationships.
- Use a variety of applications and knowledge forums to develop a deep understanding of the Hummingbird® related trade market platform.
- You will become a trade related SME for Hummingbird
- Attend selective industry trade shows, innovation workshops, trade forums, etc. with a view to establishing new business contacts and adding to our potential client database.
- Develop “fishing techniques” via forums such as LinkedIn with a view to attracting engagement with new potential clients
- Establish specific pre-qualification and client selection criteria so that Hummingbird can make meaningful assessment of new client potential and attractiveness.
- Provide first point of contact for new potential clients, using the pre-qualification tools and other criteria, you will initiate engagement according to these criteria
- Your goal will be to take new clients to a point of “project opportunity”.
- Support the GP corrugated marketing team in development of marketing and communications initiatives related to trade market expectations
- Provide direct support for all initiatives related to new trade client communication, etc., for example, trade shows, inhouse events, newsletters, external communications, social media engagement etc.
- You will be set clear targets related to new client acquisition (details to be discussed), but likely to include targets by number of contacts, number of projects, specific verticals and new business revenue will be included
- Ensure all new contacts, opportunities and projects are added to the Dynamics CRM and managed / passed on accordingly. The CRM will be our primary form of measurement for new client acquisition and knowledge. targets.
- Accurately develop, forecast, and close trade related opportunities via the CRM (Microsoft Dynamics).
- Work closely with Hummingbird® team members and most especially the Trade Sales Channel Program Manager
- Work closely with other GP Corrugated trade segment sales and sales support resources and Hummingbird® graphics and project management teams
- Ability to articulate the Hummingbird value proposition(s) and use deep knowledge of the corrugated trade market, their customers’ market, digital printing, and best practices in channel and delivery management.
- Understand and utilize the MBM Guiding Principles and MBM Framework http://www.gp.com/Company/MBM
The Experience You Will Bring
- At least 10 years sales or marketing experience, preferably directly related to the North American corrugated packaging industry
- Experience managing digital opportunities from first contact, to proposal writing and project initiation.
- Working knowledge of flexographic, lithographic, & digital print, including graphic design, prepress, and printing processes, especially related to packaging applications.
- Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Must be able to travel approximately 50% (post Covid).
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor's degree
- Advanced understanding of graphic design, prepress, file management, color management, and print processes, as well as package structure design and converting processes.
- At least 5 years of experience working for either a packaging or hi graphics related vendor / supplier with a solid understanding of their procurement, supply chain, and marketing / brand group functions.
- Experience working for a start-up or rapid growth company
- Experience in product management, marketing, and business strategy, especially in the graphic packaging industry.
- At least 2 years of experience in executing complex business development projects requiring cross functional collaboration both internally and externally.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This job posting is no longer active.