As a Data Engineer in the Data Science and Analytics team, you will play an integral role in building data solutions that empower OnPoint’s customers to make data-informed decisions utilizing Artificial Intelligence like machine learning and predictive analytics. You will be challenged to leverage cutting edge technologies to solve complex problems in real-time data environments.
This position offers a unique hands-on opportunity to apply the latest database and big data technologies in the rapidly developing and highly visible electric utility space within the energy sector. You will be handling and working with real utility data and helping solve some of the long-standing industry challenges as we face an exponential growth in digitalization and grid modernization. The innovation and creativity with which we develop and implement utility solutions are among the distinctions that make our partner, Sentient Energy, the leader in Distribution Network sensing and analytics.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Design, develop, and maintain a Big Data framework and ETL (Extract, Transform, and Load) processes for the collection, organization, analysis, and visualization of homogenous and non-homogenous smart grid data from sensors, meters, relays, PMUs, SCADA, and other head-end automation and enterprise systems
- Integrate the Big Data platform with the broader architectures and enterprise software ecosystem across the company and industry
- Support domain data scientists in writing complex queries and developing machine learning models, AI applications, and visual story telling
- Own and manage the end-to-end data management pipeline and address performance enhancement issues
- Assist the engineering team with validation and verification of end-to-end grid analytics system performance
The Experience You Will Bring
- 4+ years of experience with distributed computing and cloud services for data streaming, ETL, and storages (e.g. AWS etc.) delivering commercial product using cloud services
- 4+ years of experience with cloud-based storage technologies like AWS S3, Athena, Redshift, or similar technology, delivering commercial product
- 4+ years of experience with cloud-based data manipulation technologies like AWS Kinesis, Lambda, Glue or similar technologies delivering commercial product
- 4+ years of experience with conventional open source and commercial RDBMS (e.g. MySQL, MS SQL Server)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems or related field from an accredited institution OR High School Diploma and 4+ cumulative years of relevant work experience
What Will Put You Ahead
- General understanding of smart grids, IoT applications, and utility analytics
- Mastery in Python libraries for database management and advanced visualization
- Statistics and machine learning background
- Digital signal processing experience
Main Office Locations: Tulsa, Denver, NYC, Wichita – also open to remote work in other areas
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf