INVISTA Performance Technologies (IPT) is the world’s leading licensor of technology for Polyester, Nylon and Polyurethane value chains. IPT have over 40 years of continuous licensing experience with a global team of technology and licensing experts. Due to our desire to create superior value for our customers an exciting opportunity for a Process Engineer to join the heart of IPT’s Process Design Package Transformation team, based at Wilton in the North East of England, has arisen.
The successful candidate will be a key Process Engineering resource ensuring the required digital transformations, in the automation of process design, are delivered to the business. Initial opportunity is for a 12 month duration with the possibility of this being extended.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Contribute as part of multifunctional transformation teams, providing process engineering support to the development of data models that target automation of design.
- Bring to the team feedback on market leading practices and products in this space.
- Lead role in trialing new Process design package software / data integration techniques, forming conclusions and reporting to the team.
- Opportunity to experience the development of Process Engineering design deliverables including calculations, P&IDs, Process Hazard Analysis studies etc.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Aligned with MBM™ Culture.
- Degree in Chemical Engineering.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Pragmatic, results orientated approach.
- Enthusiasm and drive to complete challenging assignments.
- Passion for the development of data models to support the automation of process design, with demonstrated capability strongly desirable.
- Strong interest in programming, including VBA and SQL.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Knowledge of key Process design deliverables including Heat & Mass Balance, P&IDs, datasheets etc.
- Experience in process design.