The VMI/consignment coordinator maintains a healthy inventory level of selected products for the customer. He/she ensures on-time replenishment of the VMI HUB to meet the customer’s demand and simultaneously adheres to the contractual agreements. He/she will analyze the forecast vs actual demand and challenges the customer or internal stakeholders where the data is not meeting the agreed parameters. The VMI/ consignment coordinator takes appropriate measures to avoid build-up of slow and excess stock by actively performing End to End analysis of the goods flow in the whole supply chain.
This is a temporary position for a One-year-contract
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Review and process the forecast sent by the customer and actively follow up with the customer and planning department on fluctuations to minimize potential excess stock or line down.
- Process, coordinate and control pull of goods from the VMI HUB, deliveries and stock reconciliations in a timely manner to maintain accurate and adequate inventory levels.
- Perform End to End analysis to identify opportunities in the supply chain to reduce costs by maintaining a healthy DSI level as per current KPI’s.
- Analyze data and have knowledge of the contractual terms to determine liability, follow up on aged inventory and inventory turnaround.
- Coordinate the account change from direct supply to VMI/consignment logistic model by following the proper consignment guidelines.
- Build and maintain excellent relationship with customer, sales and other stakeholders.
- Take on other duties as assigned by Management
The Experience You Will Bring
- The ideal candidate has an analytical mindset to work comfortable and accurate with figures, forecasts and other reports dealing with quantitative data.
- You have a very good sense of urgency, can set priorities and are organized.
- You have proven to be able to apply economic and critical thinking skills within your daily job.
- You are a team player, flexible and can work in a high-pressure business to business environment.
- Effective communication skills, to exchange information clearly and accurately at various levels within the organization and with customers.
- Good relationship building skills.
- You have excellent English language skills, both verbally and in writing.
- Good PC skills: Microsoft Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel are required.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Previous experience in customer service in a business to business environment, with an emphasis on VMI/consignment and forecasting.
- SAP knowledge is preferred.