Engineer 2, Process(Assembly)
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Supervise Assistant Engineer or Specialist and develops continuous improvement of quality system to achieve agreed goal set.
- Directly accountable for all quality, process related problems at assembly area for the products under his responsibility, champion or work with respective department representative to address the issue within given target deadline.
- Production support to meet production planned by PIC, for both in-house and vendor (maybe oversea) quality/process problems.
- Involves, form task force or small group activities such as TOPS and QIS team
- Provide proper storage, control and maintenance of documents within the department to ensure security and efficient retrieval of documents as well as conformance to stipulated regulations, Such controls should include of maintaining a master listing for all controlled documents, maintaining a record of the distribution and retrieval histories of documents, proper disposal of obsolete documents and maintaining a record for controlled documents issued by centralized document control.
- Proper documentation control of process capability, studies, process FMEA, SOP, Process Specification, OJT Task Analysis, training’s record and production records. With reference to TS16949 requirement.
- To represent the department in customer, 3rd party or internal audits that are related to documents and records control processes
- Keep track of all project deadline and budgetary expenditure.
- New products – responsible for working with Automation, Product Design Engineer, QA and components Engineer, ensuring the release for manufacturing. Full Qualification must be done.
- Embarks on productivity, quality, cost reduction program, machine and process improvement, as and when needed.
- Duplicates existing machines/fixtures if there is requirement for capacity expansion.
- Qualification of all the tooling release to manufacturing.
- Responsible for equipment transfer from other entities, or transfer to other entities in term of machine set up and smooth running of production with full qualification.
- Coordinate with machine vendors for new machines in which involve robotics, control, software or vision programming.
- Work closely with all operations to improve quality level.
- To comply to MBM Guiding Principles for the job carry out under his responsibility.
- To use data and translate them to information to improve processes (data analytics)
- Other duties as assigned by Management
The Experience You Will Bring
- Degree in Mechanical/Manufacturing/Production Engineering or Diploma in Mechanical/Manufacturing/Production Engineering
- 5 years of experience required
- Process analytical skill
- Process yield improvement, COPQ reduction
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience in process improvement.
- Six-sigma (is an advantage but not necessary)
- Robotics, control, software or vision programming (is an advantage but not necessary)