May be located in: Beatrice, NE, Dodge City, KS, Ft Dodge, IA; or Wichita, KS.
Koch Fertilizer, LLC is an industry leader producing and distributing quality fertilizer products since 1967. As part of one of the world’s most successful private companies, we strive to create real, sustainable value for our customers, people, communities and company. We are committed to hiring people with the right virtue and talent, developing their skills and rewarding them for the value they create.
KAES is looking for an energetic, goal oriented, self-motivated, entrepreneurial individual with high integrity and strong organizational, interpersonal, and planning skills to fill an Instrument Engineering position at the Wichita corporate office.
This position is part of the multi-discipline Equipment Capabilities team that owns the reliability strategies and engineering practices for all aspects of equipment lifecycle (i.e., rotating machinery, fixed, electrical, and instrumentation).Our customers are at fertilizer plants and distribution terminals throughout North America.This role performs as a team player in serving alongside our customers to meet their business objectives.
The candidate may choose to live in the area and be based out of the fertilizer plant at Beatrice, NE, Dodge City, KS, or Ft Dodge, IA; or out of the corporate office in Wichita, KS.Regular travel among these four locations is expected.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Anticipates the needs and serves customers operating in three fertilizer plants located in Beatrice, NE; Dodge City, KS; and Ft Dodge, IA.
- Applies the company's engineering practices driving long-term value into projects.
- Leads the company in profitably applying SmartPlant Instrumentation in support of capital projects.
- Collaborates across other Koch companies to profitably share and leverage best knowledge.
- Provides unscheduled support to a customer to address an instrumentation or control valve issue.
- Provide subject matter expertise on instruments and control valves to project managers. Examples include specification and selection of instruments; completion and review of data sheets; bid tabulations; and review of other associated project deliverables
- Manage Company’s engineering practices; ensuring the practices are used, remain relevant, and keep the business competitive
- Supports site customers in performing root cause analysis of instrument and control valve failures
- Provides onsite support for project commissioning and turnarounds
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Environmental Science, or a related technical field
- 6+ years industrial experience; experience working in operations facility, plant or chemical environment through direct experience or engineering design
- Work experience using SmartPlant Instrumentation
- Project Management experience
- Basic financial analysis skills for opportunity evaluation and marginal analysis
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience with Petrochemicals or refineries
- MS in Engineering or Business
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf