Product Development Engineer – Automotive Interconnect/Networking Products
Molex is seeking a dynamic and proactive Product Development Engineer to be part of our newly created High Speed Coaxial Crimp Technology team, to develop product specifications and manufacturing processes for the large pipeline of new products we are bringing to market. This is an opportunity to utilize the skills and experiences you’ve developed as a product engineer to help lead engineering efforts in this newly formed team, being part of a cross functional team of technical experts developing crimp termination solutions for our high-speed coaxial interconnect products.
You will collaborate internationally with our design teams, our manufacturing facilities, and our suppliers to meet our customers’ requirements. You will work closely with the development and manufacturing partners that design and build our automotive electronic products. In this role, you will be part of a cross functional team that is responsible for developing product termination specifications with reliable and repeatable manufacturing processes for our production facilities. The result or your effort will enable the flawless launch of a robust manufacturing process capable of meeting our customers’ requirements. This role will require the ability to interpret customer requirements and translate them into proven product and process specifications to internal teams and manufacturing plants. You will have the ability for strong communication, understanding customer requirements, project management, customer facing, and relationship building at all levels within the customer organization.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Be the lead engineer in our termination development lab with initial focus on our high-speed automotive coax connector and cable assembly solutions
- Develop and implement methods for designing and documenting reliable product & process crimp termination solutions for implementation in product and production designs
- Use a data driven mindset to provide rapid design and process solutions for our high-speed coaxial product and manufacturing teams
- Performs/Reviews stack studies and other analyses required from the DFMEA to reduce and eliminate failure modes from designs before tool release. Checks manufacturing drawings for completeness and accuracy. Performs engineering tests and submits products for screen and qualification testing
- Liaison between internal cross functional teams
- Build technical and communication bridges between suppliers and internal engineering teams
- Responsible for preparing process specifications, project planning, technical problem solving, process engineering, defect reduction, quality engineering, including improvement activities, requirements compliance, and customer interface.
- Establish and implement team strategies, programs and practices to achieve world class manufacturing process
- Drive engagement with productions site business leaders to collaborate in manufacturing initiatives that foster goal achievement for current and future business needs
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering and 5+ years of experience of product development experience in interconnect technologies; OR 9+ years of experience of product development experience in interconnect technologies required
- Proven knowledge, experience and capabilities developing interconnect solutions for high speed coaxial cables and crimp termination solutions for high speed coaxial
- Strong knowledge of cable assembly manufacturing processes, specifically cable termination
- Strong knowledge of high-speed electrical characteristics in connectors and impact on performance of manufacturing processes
- Must have knowledge of statistical analysis tools and six sigma techniques, GD&T, tolerance studies, statistical analysis and FEA
- CAD skills (2D and 3D)
- Design for Manufacturing/Assembly (DFM/DFA) experience
- Problem solving skills using systematic tools (8D, fishbone, cause/effect diagrams)
- Ability to work in a cross functional team with strong communication skills
What Will Put You Ahead
Experience developing high speed interconnect products for automotive applications
Strong understanding of crimp termination processes, especially with coaxial wires
Good understanding of different types of cable assembly processes
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf