Senior International Logistics Analyst
You know us already! We make Brawny® paper towels; Dixie® paper cups and plates; Angel Soft® bath tissue; enMotion® paper towel dispensers, DensGlass® gypsum board and Plytanium® plywood you see in your big box home improvement stores and much more! We employ about 35,000 people who want to make a positive difference in today’s world by creating real long-term value for our customers.
Are you highly organized and a team player? Able to keep the plates spinning; managing a multitude of projects and tasks at once? Do you have excellent oral and written communication skills? Then this could be the job for you!
Georgia-Pacific is seeking a Senior International Logistics Analyst. This position will be based in our downtown Atlanta Corporate office.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Collaborate with Customer Service, Sales, Production Planning and/or Shipping to anticipate challenges (e.g., equipment shortages, vessel over booking) and identify options to satisfy customer needs and expectations.
- Collaborate with vendors (e.g., freight forwarders, ocean carriers, truckers) to maintain a consistent and reliable booking, transportation, and documentation flow.
- Investigate quality and service complaints, identify root causes and formulate corrective actions.
- Oversee import operations process for consumer goods manufactured overseas while minimizing out of mode costs.
- Collaborate with internal capability groups such as Compliance & Ethics, Legal, International Trade Compliance to identify, assess and address risk areas.
- Ensure compliance with U.S. Export controls and trade sanctions for any Export or Re-Export Activity conducted within the assigned area.
- Provide Customer Service and/or Sales teams with visibility to key ocean freight metrics (options, costs, equipment free time, transit times, etc.) in a timely manner.
- Evaluate opportunities to optimize our logistics costs by introducing new service providers, implementing new routings, loading patterns, or process changes, among others.
The Experience You Will Bring
- At least 3 years of experience in supply chain (e.g., managing inventory, customer management, exporting/importing, transportation).
- Experience with Microsoft Office (e.g., Excel (Experience creating analytical reports), Word, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Ability to travel (5%).
- Bachelors Degree or at least 5 years of experience in supply chain (e.g., managing inventory, customer management, exporting/importing, transportation).
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management and Logistics.
- Experience creating dashboards, visualization charts and analytics reports.
- APICS or CSCMP certification.
- At least 5 years of experience in supply chain (e.g., managing inventory, customer management, exporting/importing, transportation).
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Fluency in an additional language with the preference for Spanish or Mandarin
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf