When you are looking at a city’s skyline or any of the latest cars and trucks, chances are you’re seeing our products. Through Guardian Glass, a Guardian Industries company, we make high- performance, energy efficient glass for homes and buildings. SRG Global™, a Guardian Industries company, makes automotive trim products that define a vehicle’s DNA and help improve fuel efficiency. And perhaps most of all, we make the ideas, formulas and processes that make these products possible. Guardian Industries is 18,000 people working to make products that improve people’s lives!
Guardian Industries is seeking you to become our next Production Manager at our Sun Prairie, WI location!
A Production Manager at Guardian Sun Prairie is first and foremost a developer and leader of people who also identifies strategic opportunities for improvements within our production facilities. In this role, you will develop and improve manufacturing processes and best practices, and be accountable for achieving cost, schedule and productivity metrics by directing the work of our production facilities. The position's primary responsibility is ensuring safety, culture and operational effectiveness using lean manufacturing tactics with a focus on production efficiency. It is an expectation of the Production Manager to ensure the development and mentoring of all employees they have direct or indirect responsibility for. The Production Manager will report directly to the Plant Manager.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Drive the organization to focus on continuous improvement and transformation
- Final responsibility for the manufacturing operations to ensure that safety, quality, culture and productivity are maximized
- Ensure timely and effective communication of key issues to all staff
- Ensure proper planning, directing, and coordinating of the manufacturing of products in compliance with company goals and objectives
- Production, maintenance and quality results that ensure satisfaction of customer and quality specifications
- Organize, direct and improve workflow process to ensure satisfaction of overall production requirements in a cost-efficient manner
- Develop and implement cost-effective alternatives and improvements to production processes
- Ensure efficiency of production and effective employment utilization
The Experience You Will Bring
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing
- Leadership experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience training and developing a team
- Experience driving transformation and continuous improvement
- Understanding of ISO Quality Standards
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Engineering or Manufacturing Processes
- Experience in an insulated glass fabrication or commercial/residential window facility
- 5+ years of leadership experience in a manufacturing environment
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf