Guardian is a diversified global manufacturing company headquartered in Auburn Hills, Michigan, with leading positions in float glass and fabricated glass products for commercial, residential and transportation applications as well as one of the world’s largest producers of automotive plastic trim products. Guardian, its subsidiaries and affiliates employ 18,000 people and operate facilities throughout North America, Europe, South America, Africa, the Middle East and Asia. Guardian is a whole-owned subsidiary of Koch Industries, one of the largest privately owned businesses in the US.
The Sun Prairie, Wisconsin facility produces insulated and tempered glass products for the residential window industry. This plant is an essential piece of our Guardian glass fabrication division that focuses on delivering make-to-order glass products and solutions to our end customers.
We are looking for a growth-oriented Plant Manager to join our team! Relocation is available.
What You Will Do In Your Role
The Plant Manager is responsible for leading the plant team, advancing our MBM culture and maximizing long-term value at the Sun Prairie facility. This position has direct supervisory responsibility for the Production team, Maintenance, Quality, EHS (environmental health and safety), Supply Chain and various operational support roles at the plant. This leader will lead the site’s efforts in the following 8 elements of operational excellence: (1) Process and Operational Safety; (2) Environmental; (3) Reliability; (4) Conduct of Operations; (5) Quality, Yield and Supply Chain; (6) Energy; (7) Cost-Effectiveness; (8) Project Execution. This is a P&L ownership position and has a high level of visibility with growth opportunities beyond the site.
- Provide strategic direction for the Sun Prairie plant to ensure we meet and exceed the needs of our customers while using the fewest possible resources
- Foster a culture consistent with our MBM Guiding Principles by working with the key management team to identify weak points and drive accountability to close them
- Develop and maintain a set of key performance indicators to monitor the plant’s execution and make adjustments when necessary
- Direct and maintain a long-term plan to drive plant efficiencies, remove waste and drive down product cost that will enhance our competitive advantage
- Connect team members to our global, regional, and plant priorities
- Support ongoing customer service efforts of existing customers
- Support Sales & Operational Planning process, including production scheduling and staffing, production execution, order delivery and fulfillment, and inventory management
- Hold the leadership team accountable for creating an environment where people earn our Ticket to Operate daily by putting safety first, working without injury and ensuring compliance with all laws and regulations
The Experience You Will Bring
- 10+ years of work experience in production operations with large portion being of supervisory experience
- Experience leading a team in a production environment
- Strong business and managerial skills
- Experience using problem-solving methodology: 6-sigma, 5 Whys, PDCA
- Track record of establishing and maintaining strong processes in a team atmosphere
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience managing an insulated glass fabrication or commercial/residential window facility
- Bachelor’s degree in Operations Management, Industrial Engineering, or Business Administration
- Prior experience managing large production facilities
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf