Molex is synonymous with connectivity. Whether at home or at work, you’ll find our innovation inside the technology around you, transforming our world and improving lives.
As part of Koch Industries - one of the world’s largest privately held businesses – working for Molex gives you access to opportunities across a diverse set of companies, markets and geographies. Every day we strive to innovate, improve and transform ourselves in order to create greater value for the company, our customers and society.
Molex Connected Enterprise Solutions is a global business unit which delivers the high speed network infrastructure we depend on. We are looking for a Process Engineer, to improve manufacturing processes for existing products as well as prepare manufacturing for the smooth introduction of new products.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Liaise with R&D department to ensure that products are designed for ease of manufacture.
- Establishes and oversees manufacturing processes, identifies and eliminates bottles neck which impact performance of production.
- Define, develop and organizes necessary resources, tools and fixtures.
- Work with Manufacturing, Quality and Purchasing departments to improve current production processes with the aim of providing cost savings and quality improvements.
- Manage and/or initialize necessary engineering changes of the process or products which improve overall production performance.
- Create and maintain work instructions for operators.
- Organize and complete process FMEAs and trial builds of new products.
- Assist the Quality department to produce quality plans.
- Maintain necessary data and settings of products, components, work centers, BOM’s, routings and other if needed basic data in ERP system required for effective operations.
- Diagnose faults in production equipment and provide timely repairs so that production can be maintained.
- Provide technical knowledge and experience to other departments within the company, where required
- Support company TQM culture, ISO9001 & ISO14001 standards
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical, electrical or production engineering.
- Minimum 3 years working as a process, production or manufacturing engineer
- Good organization skills with a strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of VSM
- Excellent English language skills (both oral and verbal)
- Knowledge of MRP programs
- Experience working with a CAD program.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience with molding machines and automated assembly equipment.
- Experience working in a company manufacturing high volumes of connectors for the telecommunications industry.
- Experience working with MRP/ERP systems - SAP or similar.
- Knowledge of FMEAs and time and motion studies.