Instrumentation & Electrical Technician
Instrumentation & Electrical Technician
Are you looking for your next career opportunity at a pioneering and entrepreneurial company? Do you want to join a team who delivers innovative solutions to meet our customer’s changing needs? Being a leader in delivering superior value in the industry as well as environmental excellence and responsibility is the vision for Koch Fertilizer, LLC (KAES). We are seeking a highly motivated, self-driven Instrumentation and Electrical Technician. This role reports to the Instrument & Electrical Supervisor and is responsible for the maintenance of Instrumentation and Electrical Equipment throughout the facility.
The schedule of this position is Monday through Thursday (10 hour days). Pay is dependent on a candidate’s skills and knowledge and may offer a sign on bonus opportunity of $3,000 in addition to a competitive wage. We also offer an excellent benefits package that includes health, dental, vision, and life insurance, and a 401K + match option.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Installing, maintaining and troubleshooting PLC's, process controls, electrical, instrument, hydraulic, and pneumatic equipment
- Performing emergency maintenance on failed equipment to ensure minimal production downtime
- Calibrating, configuring, and repairing of measurement/controls instruments flow, level, pressure, temperature, and PH including associated valves and valve actuators
- Assisting with the shutdown and startup of equipment on shutdown projects
- Ensuring excellence in all areas of compliance, environmental and safety
- Adhering to all OSHA and National Electrical Safety Code regulations and procedures
- Replacing and repairing parts, rewire, install related instrument/electrical items including conduit and/or wiring
- Informing management of any instrument/electrical parts needed and assisting with maintaining the required instrument/electronic/electrical parts inventories
- Supporting efforts to maximize production through creative problem solving, adaptation, and correction of process bottlenecks
- Fulfilling work orders and documenting the time, tasks and parts/supplies needed to complete the project
The Experience You Will Bring
- One or more of the following:
- Experience in an industrial electrical, or instrumentation field
- Two (2) year Maintenance Electrician program degree
- Two (2) year technical degree or higher in industrial electrical maintenance or a related field
- Willing to work weekends, holidays and overtime when needed
- Ability to respond to call outs as needed
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs
- Work outdoors in all types of weather
- Ability to sit, stand or kneel as needed
- Ability to climb stairs, ladders and work at heights of approximately 25-100 ft
- Ability to wear a gas mask type respirator
- Ability to pass a pulmonary breathing test
- Occasional exposure to fumes/airborne particles
- Unassisted physical mobility around a plant
What Will Put You Ahead
- Five (5) years or more of experience in an industrial electrical, electronic, and mechanical systems
- Experience troubleshooting and maintaining equipment such as Motor Controls, Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC's), Variable Frequency Drives (VFD's)
- Knowledge of industrial test equipment (Hart Communicator, Multimeter, signal generators, etc) with troubleshooting and electrical skills
- Experience interpreting process, instrumentation and electrical drawings
- Experience troubleshooting process equipment (mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, etc)
- Experience with Yokogawa Distributed Control System (DCES) and Safety Instrumented System (SIS)
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf