Koch Fertilizer Beatrice, LLC is seeking a Plant Operator to join our team in Beatrice, NE. Koch Fertilizer is an entrepreneurial company pursuing a self-motivated candidate to be a part of the plant production team with specific focus on process reliability and optimization.
Koch Fertilizer LLC and its subsidiaries own or have interest in nitrogen fertilizer plants in the United States, Canada, Trinidad and Tobago. The companies cover global demand through terminals in the US, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Australia, France, and the United Kingdom. Koch Fertilizer is a subsidiary of Koch Ag and Energy Solutions, which has the capability to market and distribute over 13 million metric tons of fertilizer products annually.
This position offers competitive pay and a $1000 sign-on bonus!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Completing operations daily rounds, readings, and duties. (Monitoring pressures, temperatures, and flows.)
- Performing reliability procedures and inspections. (Tank inspections, containment inspections, machine health inspections, etc.)
- Providing customer service in our loading area. (Support training of driver and relationship building.)
- Providing technical support in day to day operations of the plant to produce, store, transfer, and load product in a safe environment
- Operating PLCs and DCS control board systems
- Collecting samples and testing unit products and systems
- Operating water treatment system equipment, pumps, motors, control valves, piping, filtration equipment, etc.
- Completing Lock out/Tag out and permitting in qualified areas
The Experience You Will Bring
- High school diploma/GED equivalent
- Willing and able to work a rotating 12-hour shift including weekends, holidays, overtime and call-outs
- Must have valid driver's license
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders and work at heights exceeding 100 feet
- Must be able and willing to work outdoors in all types of weather
- Must be able to pass a pulmonary breathing test, wear a gas mask type respirator and full body coverage personal protective clothing and equipment, including a full chemical protective suit
What Will Put You Ahead
- Previous ammonia, chemical plant, or refinery operations experience
- Experience using a distributed control system
- Experience with water treatment, boiler operations, and basic mechanical equipment repair
- Experience with computer programs such as Microsoft Office, computerized maintenance management system, etc.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf