Georgia-Pacific facility in Perry, FL is hiring an Electrical Technician at their Cellulose Mill. The Electrical Technician uses their extensive electrical experience and knowledge to support the operation and maintenance of our manufacturing equipment, thus helping the facility meet their production and quality goals.
The Foley mill, which has been in operation since 1954, has the capability to produce over 460,000 tons of Dissolving, Specialty and Fluff cellulose each year. Our fluff pulp is delivered to customers worldwide for a variety of high-end uses & converting technologies, including clothing, tires, shampoo, diapers, filters & towels. Perry, Florida is approximately 50 miles outside of Tallahassee - Florida’s state capitol and home to Florida State and Florida A&M Universities! It is also within short driving distance of several beautiful Gulf Coast sand beaches and an easy adventure to St. George’s Island for some fresh seafood and boating!
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Performing preventive and predictive maintenance inspections using diagnostic tools and test equipment
- Writing work orders, scheduling maintenance, recording maintenance results, reading and updating drawings and other documentation
- Installing, troubleshooting, diagnosing, and repairing the following: electrical and electronic systems, apparatus, field devices, and components of industrial machinery and equipment, e.g.: wiring, conduit, PLCs, VFDs, motor starters, motors, tools, test equipment, transformers, switchgear, etc.
- Maintaining strict adherence to safety rules and regulations
- Working in loud/noisy, hot, humid, and greasy environment
- High School Diploma or GED
- At least one or more of the following:
- Three (3) years or more of electrical experience in an industrial or military environment
- A two (2) year E&I vocational certification
- Experience troubleshooting, repairing, installing, and programming industrial electrical equipment including but not limited to motors, motor starters, transformers, PLCS, VFDs, high voltage switchgear up to and including 12, 470V and field devices
- Willing and able to meet the physical and safety requirements of the job while working eight (8) hour rotating shifts, overtime, holidays, and weekends
- Experience working with pneumatic & hydraulic systems
- Experience with systems integration, HMI, instrumentation, networking, communication and power distribution
What You Will Need:
What Will Put You Ahead?
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf