Applications Engineer II
John Zink Hamworthy Combustion is now hiring for a smart, capable Applications Engineer II in Tulsa, Oklahoma to help clients develop solutions to challenging environmental problems. As part of the John Zink Thermal Oxidation team, the selected individual would be working closely with highly technical customers to provide custom-designed combustion solutions for the refining, petrochemical, and pharmaceutical industries. The role requires an individual who is self-motivated, technically strong, has excellent communication skills, can present a value proposition, and who is able to influence key decision makers. Candidates with more than the required experience and who exceed qualifications have the potential to start in a role above a Level II. We are seeking the highest qualified candidate possible.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Engage in discussions with a global customer base to better understand their equipment needs
- Coordinate with multiple John Zink and Koch Engineered Solutions business offices to find creative solutions that best meet the customer’s needs
- Manage a diverse team of engineers to develop the technical and commercial proposal that communicates the value of our proposed solution
- Respond to customer inquiries in order to refine the proposed solution to meet varying customer needs as they arise
- Work with the equipment execution team to ensure the equipment is built in compliance with customer specifications and expectations
The Experience You Will Bring
- 2+ years of system design, process design, or applications engineering experience within an "engineered to order" manufacturing environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, such as Mechanical Engineering or Chemical Engineering
- Ability to travel domestically and international up to 25% of the time
- The ability to safely work with customers at their global manufacturing facilities
What Will Put You Ahead
- 2+ years of combustion-related applications engineering or process design
- 10+ years of Applications Engineering, technical sales, or business development experience in the Petrochemical or Refining industries
- 2+ years of experience working with global customer base
- Master’s Degree in Engineering or MBA
- Professional Engineering license (P.E.)
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf