Digital Press Operator
Georgia-Pacific is currently seeking a Digital Web Press Operator for an emerging opportunity within our Corrugated Packaging business unit. The successful candidate will operate our state-of-the-art roll to roll inkjet web press. The position will be based at our Richmond, IN facility and will report to the Production Supervisor for this business segment.
2nd Shift Position
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Ensuring that each job printed on the inkjet web press is properly set up and prepped to produce the product to the established specifications.
- Constant computer (PC) interaction to operate the press, record quality metrics, and email communications as needed.
- Performing computer/machine adjustments accurately, efficiently and according to procedures, minimizing unexpected downtime and maintenance calls.
- Performing routine preventative maintenance and troubleshooting any problems.
- Monitoring the printing process to maintain quality and inspecting the final product for quality; noticing any subtle differences in color, to include shades of color and brightness.
- Completing general housekeeping duties to maintain a continuously safe and clean work environment.
- Must be able to work extended shifts, flexible shift and weekends
The Experience You Will Bring
- High school diploma or GED
- A minimum of (3) years of experience operating a printing press
- Ability to troubleshoot machinery and quality issues
- Experience using Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
What Will Put You Ahead
- Understanding of prepress functions
- Knowledge and/or experience in corrugated packaging, folding carton, printing, or Point of Purchase (POP) display industries
- Knowledge of reliability and Preventative Maintenance (PM) systems
- Knowledge of print production processes and color theory
- Knowledge of Digital Printing
- Macintosh and/or PC computer skills
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf