DIRECTOR INTERNATIONAL TRADE COMPLIANCE
INVISTA is seeking an experienced International Trade Compliance Director. This role will report to the Senior Vice President of our Global Supply Chain. As International Trade Compliance Director you will grow our International Trade Compliance Capability by influencing across global capabilities in an increasingly digitalized environment, while ensuring full compliance with all trade laws and regulations.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Conduct internal risk reviews utilizing the company risk philosophy, implement internal risk mitigations challenging risk differentiation, corrective actions, and effective controls as appropriate
- Engage INVISTAs business leaders, compliance, and legal and outside counsel to ensure trade compliance risks are identified, effectively communicated, prioritized, and driven to closure.
- Develop effective risk adjusted trade processes, guidelines, and procedures.
- Ensure effective trade compliance training program based on regulations.
- Act as the primary point for government interactions for North America and Europe and advisor for Asia
- Stay abreast of new, amended or proposed regulatory activities to determine business impact, implement necessary program modifications and effectively communicate throughout the organization
- Prioritize and balance both long- and short-term projects
- Play the subject matter expert for the business, collaborating with internal and external resources to ensure appropriate knowledge is gained
- Proactive with a contribution mindset, demonstrating initiative and ability to apply economic and critical thinking to compliance
- Ability to excel at identifying and capturing process improvements that add long term value to INVISTA
- Excellent risk-based problem solver; sense of urgency in root cause analysis and profitable implementation of lessons learned
- Strong communication skills combined with an ability to articulate their ideas and any challenges to a wider group of stakeholders are essential.
- Leadership presence with proven ability to influence, think strategically, and get results timely
- Effective management of multiple, complex projects
The Experience You Will Bring
- 8+ years professional experience in international trade related activities or roles
- Knowledge of hazardous chemicals or dangerous goods
- Knowledge of classification requirements, determination of license requirements, valuation determinations, valuation requirements, free trade qualification
- Knowledge of global documentation requirements
What Will Put You Ahead
- Demonstrated knowledge of global import and export regulatory requirements
- Demonstrated experience in international logistics