Paper Machine Technician
Paper Machine Technician
Georgia Pacific is searching for Paper Machine Technicians for our Savanah River Mill in Rincon, GA. The starting pay for this position is $20.00 per hour. Our mill began operations in October 1986 and is considered a world-class operation in the industry. Five of the world’s 12 largest tissue paper machines reside at the facility. Our operation is designed to produce products primarily from recycled fiber. We have over 50 converting lines that make the tissue, towel and napkin products in our retail and away from home markets. We strive to be a valued member of our community and we’ve built strong partnerships over the years as part of those efforts. To learn more about Savannah River Mill, please visit our website: www.gp.com/Company/Company-Overview/Locations/Savannah-River. If you enjoy troubleshooting and repairing mechanical equipment, are a safety minded individual and like to use your technical skills, please apply today!
A Day in the Life Typically Includes:
- Operating equipment at or above defined targets and product specification standards
- Troubleshooting minor machine malfunctions and making machine adjustments
- Executing entry-level maintenance on equipment (lubrication and basic predictive maintenance rounds)
- Assisting mechanics, and technicians with equipment repairs and changeovers
- Performing general housekeeping duties
- Performing product testing and quality control
- Operating mobile equipment and overhead cranes
- Responsible for raw material supplies and other misc. items requested by team
- A minimum of one (1) year operating production equipment in a manufacturing environment
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Willing and able to lift and pull up to 50 lbs
- Willing and able to work at heights and/or in confined spaces
- Willing and able to perform tasks such as lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, standing, and climbing for at least twelve (12) hours a day
- Willing and able to work a rotating twelve (12) hour shift, weekends, holidays and overtime
- Willing and able to work in a sometimes hot, cold, dusty and noisy industrial environment
- Willing and able to work around dust, oil, grease, chemicals and other substances
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, including wearing safety equipment
- Three (3) or more years of experience operating production equipment in a manufacturing environment
- Experience maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing manufacturing equipment
What do you need?
What would put you ahead?
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf