Finance Business Partner Operations - Europe
Phillips-Medisize, a Molex Company, is seeking a Regional Operations Finance Manager to act in support of multiple medical device manufacturing facilities. This role will engage in a diverse and variable scope of responsibilities and experiences with the immediate focus on proactively delivering actionable business insight through a combination of financial measures and business knowledge. The role will primarily partner with, and alongside, the European Operations Leader.
This role will be responsible for leading a team of site finance business partners at four facilities located in Ireland (2 sites), Czech Republic and Finland as well as a few regional costing resources. The role can office out of any of our current locations, but a preference is given to Poland where the European Operations Leader is located.
- Europe Operations Director
- Global Operations Business Partner
- Plant management teams
- Corporate finance/FP&A
- Global Business Services
- Global Supply Chain Leader
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Responsible for delivering/explaining key financial information and metrics that will drive actionable/measurable results.
- Lead European plant-based finance staff, ensuring their ongoing development and maximizing their contributions to the business.
- Be a vocal champion of our Market Based Management (MBM) culture.
- Play a lead role in the evaluation of major new assets within our operations, leveraging local and corporate resources as needed.
- Communicate and train management team on relevant financial metrics (ROCC, NPV, IRR, working capital, etc.)
- Understand the overall MPS and Molex vision and partner with European plant management to drive actions aligned with vision.
- Exercise stewardship of assets by ensuring our control environment and principles are understood and in place.
- Be a key part of the European leadership team.
- Understand key business drivers and effectively communicate business results.
- Work proactively with the Finance Shared Service hubs to ensure robust close and reporting processes are maintained and enhanced.
- Work with the Molex Leveraged Capabilities in order to contribute as needed to our overall compliance regime.(Tax, legal, Audit, etc).
- Provide ongoing analysis specific to margin attainment and manufacturing variances.
- Support the material standards to support financial and operational planning and analysis activities – including capacity and labor planning.
- Partner with the estimating function to accurately understand and calculate the costs associated with new business opportunities.
- Support and lead the continued implementation of SAP as our plant ERP, and the suite of systems that comes with it, including development of tools and reporting as well as seeking consistency with other Molex facilities.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in a Finance or related role.
- University degree in Finance/Accounting or a related field.
- Proven ability to lead, preferably within a multinational environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to influence management at multiple levels.
- A demonstrated ability to lead teams or work as a key contributor on cross functional teams.
- Strong economic thinking with an ability to articulate in a variety of forms.
- Strong systems knowledge.
- Ability to work across functional areas constructively.
- Problem-solving, analytical skills and the ability to balance multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Results driven.
- Intellectually curious with a desire to learn, grow and develop creative solutions.
- Highly agile, with the ability to shift priorities quickly, think creatively, and deal with ambiguity proactively.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience in Manufacturing.
- Experience working with SAP.