Director of Global Operations
The Director of Global Operations will maintain the effective global strategy, management and ongoing improvement of the technology, materials, people and processes required to support Connected Enterprise Solutions (CES) needs for the manufacture of new and existing CES products as well as supply chain processes, covering planning, logistics, distribution & replenishment, procurement and vendor management
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Develop and manage the strategy of materials planning function for finish-goods and components across CES
- Develop strategies and tactics for improving supply chain efficiencies while improving service levels and reducing inventory levels as well as costs.
- Develop and manage manufacturing strategy for both CES owned manufacturing facilities as well as subcontractors to ensure low cost and high-quality manufactured products meet customers’ and business needs.
- Drive continuous improvement of manufacturing processes and sharing good practices between facilities.
- Develop and implement integrated processes among Operations, Purchasing, Logistics, and outside suppliers to execute the planning/replenishment process.
- Manage the global S&OP process and ensure its consistent implementation across the globe
- Oversee relationship with strategic vendors (price negotiations, operational improvements, etc.)
- Establish and control key performance metrics and benchmarks relating to supply chain planning / forecasting
- Provide leadership and assume responsibility for the functional and financial control of the department including development and management of an annual business plan and budget
- Liaise with Sales, Manufacturing, Quality, R&D, Product Management and Finance departments to ensure that the business goals are met.
The Experience You Will Bring
- 10+ years’ experience with inventory management / supply chain in the multinational manufacturing or distribution environment
- Must be knowledgeable in planning and forecasting systems (MRP/ERP/CRM)
- Strong analytical skills and understanding of statistical process control.
- Strong problem solver
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally 20-25%
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Logistics, Engineering, and/or Systems preferred
- Experience working on multinational projects and managing global organizations