Guardian Industries is a leading worldwide manufacturer of float glass and fabricated glass products for the commercial and residential construction industries. The company is also one of the top 100 global automotive suppliers. The company and its subsidiaries operate facilities throughout North America, Europe, South America, Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
The Warehouse Supervisor directs and manages all warehouse activities such as shipping, receiving, warehousing and distribution operations. The warehouse supervisor leads an hourly team of material handlers to perform the fast-paced work required in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with company procedures and policies. This role is responsible for the coaching, evaluation, and development of their team.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Coordinate shipment of materials to support production operations at two manufacturing facilities
- Review sales orders, customer demand, EDI and ASP’s to develop daily customer shipping plan
- Meet with materials and planning teams to review customer demand to ensure on-time deliveries
- Provide guidance of daily operations ensuring high degree of productivity and quality
- Coordinate the scheduling of inbound shipments, oversee the receipt of incoming material, and perform incoming inspection
- Coordinate outbound small package, LTL, and dedicated shipments including all required documentation
- Work with the team using FIFO to manage inventory flow and warehouse organization
- Conduct monthly physical inventory counts
- Measure and report the effectiveness of warehousing activities and employee performance
- Acquire and maintain knowledge of our inventory control processes, shipping and receiving records, and order processes
- Identify and implement improvements to workflow processes and standard operating procedures
- Manage time and attendance of direct reports according to policies and procedures
The Experience You Will Bring
- 2+ years of experience as a Fulfillment or Warehouse Lead/Supervisor in a distribution and/or manufacturing environment
- Proven understanding of warehouse operations
- Experience working independently in a very fast-paced environment
- Experience performing the entire order process (receive an order/ pull the order/prepare the order for shipment/ shipment)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Excel and Word
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience with MRP systems
- Bilingual (English, Spanish)
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf