TERMINAL LEADER - Washington, IA
Koch Fertilizer, LLC is an industry leader producing and distributing quality fertilizer products since 1967. As part of one of the world’s most successful private companies, we strive to create real, sustainable value for our customers, people, communities and company. We are committed to hiring people with the right virtue and talent, developing their skills and rewarding them for the value they create.
We are seeking a motivated and self-driven Terminal Leader to join our team in Washington, IA facility. This role will involve leading and developing a team a Terminal Operator and an I&E Technician The successful candidate will support operations, maintenance and management of an anhydrous ammonia terminal consisting of shipment and receipts. This role will require excellent documentation, organizational skills, and a mechanical aptitude.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Responsible the overall leadership and growth of the team including coaching and development
- Identify opportunities to improve efficiency and/or capability of the terminal
- Assist in project execution at the terminal and provide timely feedback on progress to key stakeholders
- Lead by example by personally promoting EH&S (Environmental Health and Safety)
- Ensure any non-compliant actions or attitudes are addressed quickly and coordinated with appropriate capability leaders
- Oversee Terminal Compliance, upkeep and maintenance
- Oversee safe product storage through a refrigeration process and truck loading of Anhydrous Ammonia on transport trailers
- Provide accurate and timely terminal recordkeeping involving working within Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams)
- Ensure equipment is maintained in good operational condition in a cost effective manner
- Work with qualified suppliers to ensure equipment is repaired in a timely manner
- Ensure all employees and contractors are trained on processes and on the importance of safety and environmental compliance
- Provide assistance with truck loading/unloading in peak demand times.
- Take ownership to ensure that all work is being done safely and efficiently.
The Experience You Will Bring
- 1+ years of experience in a technical maintenance and/or operations position
- Understanding of handling, shipping and storage of hazardous materials/chemicals
- Experience leading or supervising a team
- Valid driver's license
- Willing to be on a rotating 24hr on-call schedule during nights and weekends and work extended & off-shift hours as required
- Must live within 30 minutes of the terminal
- HS Diploma or GED
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to work outdoors in all types of weather
- Ability to pass a pulmonary breathing test
- Ability to wear a gas mask type respirator
- Unassisted physical mobility around a plant
- Occasional exposure to fumes/airborne particles
What Will Put You Ahead
Experience in an ammonia terminal and related equipment
Knowledge of PSM, EH&S compliance, and ammonia terminal operations or related chemical type facilities
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf