Production Test System Developer
Who We Are:
At Molex we’re committed to improving people’s lives and making the world a better place. Connected Mobility Solutions (CMS), a business unit of Molex LLC, develops innovative products and manufacturing processes around automotive in-vehicle networking, infotainment and lighting segments.
At Molex, we are constantly striving to improve and grow both personally and professionally. We put our customer first, and demand only the best. Come join our journey.
Who We Are Looking For:
We are actively seeking a talented and experienced Electrical Engineer – Automated Test System to lead the design and development of automated end of line tester projects to test Automotive High-Speed Cable Assemblies and Connectors from conceptual design through implementation. You will have the chance to network with cross functional team, vendors, internal & external customers and in-house personnel. We are looking for those that share our passion for solution development and delivery. Experience on design and development of hardware and software for RF/microwave electrical test systems used in the manufacturing of high-speed cable assemblies, connectors, and Gateway/Switch based on standards such as Ethernet, CAN, LIN and PCIe.Integration of custom designed circuit boards and mechanical fixtures with off-the-shelf test equipment such as digital sampling oscilloscopes, TDR modules and network analyzers.Analyze test data using statistical modeling tools and perform root cause analysis of rejected parts. The candidate will have expertise in Develop, integrate, and deploy automated test system for the control of complex test systems used across multiple manufacturing regions around the world.The candidate will require expertise in multifunctional team collaboration to understand the engineering requirements and test system specification development for high volume automated electronics test solutions. Someone with experience in ownership of engineering and design collaboration with leading automated test system developers for electronic solutions market. Someone who works well in a team by ensuring that project tasks on time with high quality.
- Develop, integrate, and deploy software for the control of complex test systems used across multiple manufacturing centers.Must coordinate software development activities with various teams, including product development, manufacturing, marketing, quality, etc.
- Perform electrical testing of high-speed cable assemblies, analyze data, identify critical to quality aspects of product design and manufacturing process, perform root cause / corrective action analysis and write reports to summarize findings.
- Help multifunctional teams to design automated production test systems for cable assembly products. Help in maintaining records for project execution, schedule, and budget.System design includes activities such as mechanical fixture design, PCB design review, hardware integration, software development, system documentation, performance testing and characterization, etc.
- Create and execute test plans, conduct software reviews, perform system verification and validation, analyze and resolve failure modes and document results.
- Create product and test system documentation, specifications and work instructions.
- Understand, support, and contribute to Molex TQM and Quality / Environmental Management Systems by following approved policies and procedures.
- Other duties as required by management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/System/Computer Engineering
- Minimum 2-3 years of progressive engineering experience with a strong understanding of product development and/or testing.
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience with programming languages such as Python, LabView, C#, and C/C++.
- Ability to apply computer programming concepts to solve complex problems in a variety of programming environments.
- Preferably, experience with RF/microwave test and measurement equipment such as VNAs, oscilloscopes, TDR modules, and bit error rate testers, DMMs, etc.
- Preferably, working knowledge of RF/microwave transmission line theory including s-parameters, Fourier transformers, characteristic impedance, eye diagrams, time-domain analysis, cross talk, bit error rate testing, etc.
- Collaborative culture that thrives on innovation and new ideas
- Rewards and recognition for great achievements
- Growth opportunities for career development
- Flexible work arrangements to help balance life and work
What You Will Need:
What We Offer: