Mechanical Design Engineer
This job posting is no longer active.
You Know Molex...
You may not see our name on the shelves, but our electronic solutions are inside the products you use every day. We work together with the world’s innovators to design and manufacture electronic solutions that solve complex technical challenges.
At Molex, we not only employ some of the most talented people from all over the world, we work to help cultivate tomorrow's breakthroughs. From our corporate headquarters in Lisle, IL to manufacturing floors around the world, the Molex team is dedicated to helping further the limits of technology.
For more information:
- Visit the Molex website at www.molex.com
- Follow us at www.twitter.com/molexconnectors
- Watch our videos at www.youtube.com/molexconnectors
- Connect with us at www.facebook.com/molexconnectors
- Read our blog at www.connector.com
We are currently building our in house Engineering staff and are looking for a talented Design Engineer to join our team. If you are looking for a way to accelerate your career and be part of a great company, this may be the opportunity for you.
In the Connected Mobility Business Unit, we are at the forefront of the connected car movement.From innovative products like high speed USB and LVDS signaling to mini-coax and 25Gb+ Ethernet solutions, we design and manufacture products that enable flawless data transfer within the next generation of autonomous and connected vehicles.
In this role you will have the opportunity to lead the design engineering of new and existing connector and terminal products from concept to production.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leads development efforts in new connectors, terminals, crimp and cable assemblies (e.g. LVDS, USB, Coaxial, STQ, Ethernet, etc.) for high-speed data transmission used in autonomous vehicles and automotive infotainment systems.
- Perform gap analysis for BOM and test per customer requirements and automotive test specifications (e.g. USCAR, GMW, FCA, IEC, LV214, ISO, Ford, EIA, etc.) against Molex’s product requirements and conduct cross-functional risk assessment (e.g. DFMEA, DRBFM, etc.) to develop and execute on a project.
- Responsible for creating validation test plans, overseeing test execution, report documentation and presenting results to the customer.
- Responsible to lead failure analysis studies to resolve test failures and implement systemic corrective actions.
- Responsible for analyzing customer requirements and identify, assess, notify, and develop risk mitigation plan and clearly communicate with customers and Molex product development team through technical presentations.
- Follow all Product Development Phases required to bring concepts into production and continually improve the product and process.
- Prepares and follows engineering change requests (ECR) per document control procedures.Supports other engineers in department by checking drawings and provides mark-up for corrections.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent degree or experience
- Five or more years of connector / cable assembly design or design equivalent and product development experience.
- Strong project leading and team collaboration
- Knowledge of the Product development process for High Speed cable assemblies
- Strong Knowledge of cable assembly validation process definition and results verification.
- Effective oral and written communication skills as lead of the project
- Design for Manufacturing/Assembly (DFM/DFA) Experience
- Strong team collaboration and clear sense of urgency
- Problem solving skills using systematic tools (8D, fishbone, cause/effect diagrams, DFMEA)
- Strong computer skills; experience with spreadsheets, presentation and Microsoft Office
- Ability to explain complex technical cable assembly and test concepts to others
- CAD skills (2D and 3D)
- Knowledge of GD&T, tolerance studies, statistical analysis and FEA
SKILLS & ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
This job posting is no longer active.