Associate Manager, Project
This job posting is no longer active.
Associate Project Manager
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1.Develops, documents, and maintains the Project Plans (Scope, Schedule, Budget, Risks, Success Criteria, etc.) for assigned New Product Development, Capacity Tooling Deployment, Manufacturing Process Transfers, and/or Continuous Improvement projects.
2.Leads or assists Project Manager in leading cross functional New Product Development teams through the execution, monitoring, and achievement of the Project Plan using Project Management methodologies such as Action Item Lists, Gantt Charts, Risk Reduction Registers, Team Meetings, etc.
3.Proactively identifies, documents, and executes risk reduction activities to minimize Project Risks associated with Cost, Quality, and Timing that could negatively affect Project Plan achievement.
4.Clearly and concisely communicates status of assigned projects to both external and internal stakeholders. Identifies and communicates project barriers to gain management action to remove.
5.Advocate and ensure project team adherence to the Product Development Process and other related procedures.
6.Maintains Planned and Actual Phase Dates in Molex Resource and Portfolio Management (RPM) system for assigned Projects.
7.Understand, support and contribute to current Molex Total Quality Management (TQM), Six Sigma, International Standards Organization (ISO) and Environmental, and/or Health and Safety (EH&S) Management Systems and Initiatives by following stated policies and procedures.
8.Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
• Works independently reporting the activity and results are reviewed on an agreed upon basis with management • Position has a global reach through work with other Molex, Customer, and Supplier entities. • Position focused on setting team direction for successful execution of the Project Plan. • Position involves creative thinking, problem-solving, organizational, and communication skills. • Travel to Customers, Suppliers, and other Molex entities as needed.
REQUIRED: • Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business or Marketing
PREFERRED: • Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification • Training in Quality Sciences
REQUIRED: • Knowledge of product development activities (Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality, and/or Sales/Marketing) through course work or work-related experience • Experience or knowledge of Project Management methodologies and tools.
• Work Experience in connector and cable design and manufacture • Proficient in both oral and written English and Mandarin • Experience working in a team environment.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Project management skills that demonstrate the ability to set goals, tasks, and priorities to complete projects in a systematic and timely manner.
• Strong leadership and interpersonal skills to effectively influence co-workers, management, and external contacts to drive positive outcomes to situations.
• Ability to handle multiple, competing priorities and schedules among assigned projects.
• Individual and team organizational skills to anticipate, plan, prioritize, and monitor workload. • Proactive, and able to demonstrate initiative and a sense of urgency.
• Effective communication and presentation skills.
• Expertise in the use of Microsoft Office • Ability to travel both domestically and internationally.
• Facilitation skills to act as a coach and consultant to various departments and work teams involved in a project. • Experience using Microsoft Project
The above information is intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed in this position.
This description is not intended to be interpreted as a complete list of all duties, responsibilities or requirements for this position.
This job posting is no longer active.