CUSTOMER ACCOUNT MANAGER
Georgia Pacific Recycling is seeking a Customer Account Manager with excellent communication skills and high level of attention to join and support our team. This position is located at our headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia and will work in a dynamic team environment communicating effectively with both internal and external contacts.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Proactively managing customer accounts - responsibilities include understanding order fulfillment buy/sell plan, ensuring execution and overseeing of scheduling while coordinating with cross-functional teams, resolving and implementing solutions to service challenges, eliminating waste and optimizing freight expenditure all while remaining committed to expected service levels for our internal and external customers
- Resolving supply chain issues related to fulfilling customer orders throughout the supply chain. This would include working with both internal and external contacts / suppliers depending on the mode of transportation
- Developing key relationships across both internal and external customer business functions including sales and trading, operations, accounting, planning, finance, manufacturing, and transportation. Seek best knowledge, collaborate, develop, and implement service and cost solutions to drive change, often through influence and without direct authority
- Supporting the Domestic Recycling Sales team in the development and analysis of customer specific programs and issues.
- Providing strategic and analytical support to the Domestic Recycling team when new sales channels are being evaluated
- Working with IT and order management teams to build improvements into order management process and systems
- Ensuring that all work and analysis is performed with a high level of quality, thoroughness and accuracy
- Working with a high degree of detail and accuracy and utilize excellent organizational skills to respond quickly to customer needs (internal and external) and follow-up in longer-term issues
- Taking proactive initiative, interpret and analyze data while managing customer service needs
- Traveling to visit customers, offsite warehouses, and GP production facilities to broaden knowledge base and build relationships will be expected (about 10% or less of the time)
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- Three (3) or more years of experience with account management, to include inventory, logistics, planning or scheduling
- Experience in Microsoft Office Excel (for use of sorting and manipulating data), Outlook (for sending emails and scheduling), and Word (document creation/editing)
- Experience with an order management system (e.g. SAP, Infor, Honeywell, citrix etc.)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- Experience in identifying customer needs and translating into solutions
- Four (4) years or more of experience in a sales support role
- Knowledge of Inco terms and metric system with the ability to understand, calculate and convert freight costs with high degree of accuracy
- Understanding of domestic logistics such as rail, truck and/or warehousing processes
- Understanding of SQL Server reporting for help with data analysis work
- Knowledge of Excel including PowerPivot and experience with more complex models
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf