Georgia-Pacific is seeking an experienced Quality Specialist to join our team in La Mirada, CA, where we manufacture a variety of corrugated boxes with state-of-the-art converting equipment. The Quality Specialist will oversee the implementation of quality systems, conducts quality assurance audits, work with the team to resolve customer complaints and assist with process improvement initiatives within our facility. If this sounds like the role for you, we look forward to hearing from you!
Want to learn more about the Corrugated Business at Georgia-Pacific:
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Interfacing with internal and external customers to assure quality expectations are met
- Tracking, monitoring and reporting to leadership on quality performance
- Leading quality training initiatives for employees
- Leading quality process improvements within the facility
- Facilitating team meetings to improve the quality process
- Fostering a culture of continuous improvement to improve process control, quality yields and reduce defects
- Being part of the leadership team that drives safety performance within the facility
- Being a champion of Product Stewardship Food Safety process
- Assuring vendors are meeting our material specifications
- Administering corporate computer systems involving plant floor data collection and customer complaints
The Experience You Will Bring
- Two (2) years or more of experience managing quality and process improvements within a manufacturing or production environment
- Statistical Process Control experience
- Experience conducting Root Cause Analysis
- Experience with managing and maintaining customer relations through written follow-up including, but not limited to, corrective action documentation
- Experience with third-party quality audits
- Experience with the development of Standard Operating Procedures
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering or other technical discipline
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing
- Corrugated Packaging Industry experience
- Experience with Safe Quality Food (SQF) and /or British Retail Consortium (BRC)
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf