General Laborer - Packer
Georgia-Pacific is looking for General Laborers to join our team as Packers at our newest air-conditioned facility just outside of Phoenix in Tolleson, AZ.
These are developmental positions with growth potential in the facility as well as across Georgia-Pacific. We are working rotating 24x7 shifts, with a 7-day break in every 28-day period. Packers work any shift, holidays, weekends and overtime as needed. We offer competitive compensation with the opportunity to earn overtime, health and dental benefits programs, paid time off/holidays and a 401k with an employer match. Come join our team!
What you will do in your role.
- Performing visual quality inspections
- Ensuring product is being packaged according to customer requirements; correct boxes being used, correct amount in box, all information on label is correct
- Learning and understanding procedures to ensure accuracy of good product counts and waste counts, while maintaining accurate and complete records as required
- Assisting line operators in wash-ups, make-readies, and startups
- Performing general housekeeping and cleaning of area workspaces/floor
- Standing for prolonged periods of time to perform the duties of the role
- This location works the Dupont schedule
Supporting our safe working environment by wearing appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and maintain a strict adherence to safety rules and regulations
The experience you will bring.
- High school diploma or GED
- Experience working in a converting operation
- Experience of continuous work in a high-speed, team-based manufacturing environment, i.e.; picker-packer, dedicated assembly, and warehousing
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf