"Innovation is facilitated by having the right people in the right roles with the right skills and values.'' - Charles Koch, Koch Industries Chairman and CEO
At Georgia-Pacific, we don't believe that a job is just simply a job. We see each role as a career and a way to advance your knowledge and expertise to not only better your life, but your community as a whole. If you are someone who wants to work for a company that will value your skills and ideas, then we have the perfect opportunity for you. We are hiring a Millwright in our Camden, TX mill. Millwrights must have the ability to work any shift (up to 12 hours), holidays, weekends, and overtime as needed. Georgia-Pacific offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, life, 401(k), accident and sickness, paid holidays and vacations, as well as overtime opportunities.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Adhere to all plant safety and environmental guidelines and policies and procedures
- Troubleshooting, repairing and maintaining equipment for improved reliability and uptime
- Assisting co-workers and work in a team environment
- Maintaining highest level of housekeeping standards for the facility
- Effectively communicating work performed and equipment statuses both written and verbally
- Performing tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for up to twelve (12) hours a day in a noisy, non-air conditioned or unheated manufacturing mill environment
- Walking on an elevated catwalk over 15 feet high and working confined spaces to perform daily duties
- Utilize software to update tasks and tickets
- Troubleshoot equipment for mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic issues
The Experience You Will Bring
- 3 or more years of maintenance experience, whether on a previous job or by some form of maintenance training.
- Experience troubleshooting equipment for mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic issues
- Experience cutting and welding
- Experience installing and troubleshooting bearings, sprockets, motors, gearboxes, pumps, chains, etc.
- Computer software and tablet experience
- Able and willing to meet the scheduling, safety, and physical requirements of the role
What Will Put You Ahead
Experience troubleshooting Plywood Operations equipment for mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical issues
- Advance PLC/5, Control Logics, VFD drive experience
- Experience maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing electrical circuits
- Experience reading and interpreting electrical schematics
- Previous maintenance experience in a wood products manufacturing environment
- Ability to read blueprints, hydraulic, and pneumatic schematics
- Experience troubleshooting and maintain pneumatic systems
- Experience troubleshooting hydraulic equipment, circuits, and components
- Experience using alignment and precision tools (laser line, micrometers, calipers, feeler gauges, etc.)
- Demonstrated leadership skills
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf