Georgia Pacific is doing great things, so come and join us! Georgia-Pacific is opening a new $285 million state-of-the art gypsum mill in Sweetwater, TX with an anticipated start date of Fall, 2022. Once in operation, this location combined with the existing plant will produce more than 1 billion square feet of gypsum products each year! This is an exciting opportunity to work in a technologically advanced facility in a world class Market Based Management culture. Once operational this facility will employ 175 full time employees.
We are currently looking for Maintenance Millwrights for our new facility. This position is a vital resource for our ongoing success and productivity and we are very interested in learning about you! These positions are eligible for relocation benefits and will offer a competitive salary!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Troubleshoot, repair and maintain industrial machinery
- Perform precession repairs on all equipment
- Install and align new equipment
- Perform periodic maintenance routines including lubricating machine tools and equipment for improved reliability and uptime
- Maintain accurate maintenance logs including labor hours and critical preventative maintenance findings
- Work with the operations and maintenance teams to identify and prioritize maintenance needs
- Help meet or exceed production and quality goals while optimizing equipment to reduce waste
- Adhere to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies and procedures and actively participate in safety program
- Work any shift, on-call, holidays, weekends and overtime as needed
- Maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations including wearing safety equipment
The Experience You Will Bring
- Five (5) years or more of experience working in a mechanical maintenance position within a manufacturing, industrial, or military environment
- Experience working with hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Experience using a cutting torch and welding with an arc welder
- Experience troubleshooting issues with bearings, chains, sprockets, gearboxes, and conveyors
- Experience reading and understanding mechanical drawings
- Experience in precision maintenance practices such as lubrication, alignment techniques, and precision measuring
What Will Put You Ahead
- Leadership experience in a manufacturing company with a focus on mechanical and reliability maintenance
- Two (2) year technical degree or higher in Industrial Maintenance Technology or similar program
- Lean Six Sigma certification
Georgia-Pacific’s Building Products business is consistently among the nation’s top suppliers of building products to large warehouse retailers and building materials dealers. To learn more about our Building Products division, visit www.buildgp.com. And, to learn more about our gypsum products, visit www.gpgypsum.com.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf