Utility Grid Expert
SentientEnergy, a subsidiary of Koch Engineered Solutions (KES), is recruiting for a Utility Grid Consultant as part of our Customer Operations organization. This role will be responsible for providing consulting and advisory support to Sentient Energy customers as part of our delivery and Customer Success programs. This position will be based in either our San Francisco, CA or Frisco, TX office, but can also be filled by someone working remotely from their home office.
Individuals in these roles will work with the Customer Operations, Customer Success team and the customer to design the technical solution to meet the objectives defined by the engagement between Sentient Energy and the Customer. Consulting Services will be provided as part of the Sentient Energy engagement or as a specific deliverable to the Customer based on the specific identified and agreed needs. The Utility Grid Consultant is also responsible for establishing relationships at multiple levels with their assigned customers/engagements and providing support and advice to that utility on how Sentient Energy products, solutions and services can benefit them in meeting their business and operating objectives, and share learnings and advice about the customer’s use cases involving Sentient products with Sentient’s product management and engineering organization as requested. This position will coordinate account activities with the Sentient Energy sales and delivery organizations to maximize value to the customer and maximize business opportunities for Sentient Energy.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Customer Facing Program Advisor
- Be the business interface between customer and Sentient Energy teams to document and achieve customer business requirements and targeted benefits
- Working directly with customers to recommend appropriate products and services that will best achieve customer goals
- Develop use cases in collaboration with customers that document detailed requirements to ensure common understanding of proposed solution with measurable targeted results
- Collaboration with Customer Success, Sales Support and Product Management
- Recommend best practice approaches for new customer project approaches in the application of Sentient Energy technologies based on other proven projects and experiences
- Bring the work-products developed during these customer engagements into the system (including software and sensors)
- Assist internal teams with competitive bid responses to provide that best match current product capabilities against bid requirements
- Attend weekly / bi-weekly customer meetings ensuring to provide product expertise in the execution of customer deliverables and resolving project issues
- Assist Provide Product management to provide key customer input into the development of products and services
- Support the customer team(s) to produce solution overviews white-papers and related marketing material. Additionally, facilitate the development of technical whitepapers for submission to professional organizations and trade groups
- Responsibility: Customer Operations/Project Delivery
- Gather customer feedback on company product usability and “must-have” features
- Work with the company project delivery team to coordinate and align their services to meet the needs and objectives of the customer
- Provide quality reviews and support to ensure that the products and services meet and exceed the expectation of the customer
- Work with the internal product, delivery and support teams along with the customers to improve the quality of the company’s products and services
The Experience You Will Bring
•Bachelor's degree in Engineering discipline (Electrical, Mechanical, Civil, Planning, etc)
•Minimum 10+ years of experience in utility grid operations
•5+ years in design, construction, operations, engineering or maintenance of utility systems/power generation plants or related industries/fields or equivalent
•Working knowledge with Electric Utility SCADA or Real Time System operations
•3+ years of demonstrable business management skills include qualitative and quantitative analytical skills, problem-solving skills, decision-making skills, interpersonal skills, and leadership qualities
What will put you ahead:
•Technical understanding of overall electric operations systems, including electric power systems, distribution automation, and distributed control systems and communications
• High level understanding of distribution grid topology, protection logic and restoration practices
•Familiarization with key electric utility reliability metrics (ex.-SAIDI, CAIDI, SAIFI, MAIFIe, CEMI)
•Familiarization with Operational Technology products such as ADMS, SCADA, DERMS and Engineering Systems that manage all aspects of daily grid operations
•Effective communications skills
•Innovation and creativity of design and implementation
•A passion for alternative energy solutions and the application of advanced technologies for a better future
•Demonstrate passion for great people and engineers, and ability to lead strong teams to ambitious goals
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf