If you are committed to safety, detail-orientated and enjoy working in a team environment, then don’t miss this opportunity!
Georgia-Pacific is looking for safety-oriented individuals to join our team as Machine Operatorsin Albion, MI. This position is an exciting entry-level opportunity with room for advancement. Machine Operators create value by operating machinery to produce corrugated sheets that are converted into printed boxes for our valued customers. By demonstrating teamwork and a commitment to attendance excellence, Machine Operators support the long-term quality and production goals of the organization.
These are 2nd and 3rd shift openings.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Operate equipment to defined standards and product specification targets
- Conduct required quality checks on products to ensure customer satisfaction
- Perform preventative maintenance on equipment and maintaining housekeeping of designated work area
Supporting our safe working environment by wearing appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) ( i.e. bump hats, safety glasses, face shield, chemical suit, respirator, hearing protection, steel-toe boots and other PPE required by specific jobs)
Performing assigned tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for up to (12) twelve hours a da
Working in a loud/noisy, hot, humid, dusty, greasy and high-volume environment
Working any shift, weekends, holidays and overtime as needed
The Experience You Will Bring
- Willing and able to meet the physical and safety requirements of the job
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience working within a manufacturing or industrial environment
- High school diploma or GED
- Experience reading a tape measure
- Experience using a computer for documentation and data entry
- Experience working in the corrugated industry
- Experience operating mobile equipment, such as a forklifts or clamp trucks
- Experience utilizing preventive or predictive maintenance concepts
Georgia-Pacific is one of the nation’s leading corrugated box manufacturers. Our facility in Albion, MI has received several Star Awards as a result of their successful safety and health management systems and ability to eliminate workplace hazards. To find out more our packaging facilities, please go tohttp://www.gppackaging.com/.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf