Investment Associate - Koch Strategic Platforms
Koch Strategic Platforms seeks to accelerate both the value of growth-focused “new economy” companies and the transformation of Koch Industries.
The team considers how factors such as technology, regulation, consumer preference, and demographics will create new industries or products. Within attractive industry segments, the team identifies ways to invest in companies, providing creative capital solutions with a focus on experimental discovery and mutual benefit.
Koch Strategic Platforms is seeking an investment associate to join the team based in Atlanta, GA.
What You Will Do In Your Role
Partner with Koch Strategic Platforms’ Managing Directors to deliver analysis informing the group’s investment themes, priorities, and decisions.
- Performing industry research and competitive analysis related to potential investments and markets of interest
- Financial modeling and analysis to support valuation of both public and private companies, with a focus on market point-of-view and key drivers for new investment opportunities
- Preparing concise presentations on potential transactions and investments for senior management that identify and assess valuation, range-of-outcomes based return profile, potential synergies, and risks
- Participating in and leading discussions with senior management
- Assuming responsibility for 100% compliance with the laws, regulations, company policy, and industry standards applicable to this role
- Operating on a newly-formed and highly-collaborative team. This will require:
- Adaptability. Comfortable with ambiguity and flexible with changes in direction.
- Curiosity. Energized to seek best knowledge and synthesize into a proprietary perspective.
- Principled entrepreneurship. Risk tolerance to output quickly and share work-in-progress analysis.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years of valuation and transaction experience, or 4+ years of financial analysis and investment modeling experience
What Will Put You Ahead:
- Experience in an investment banking, private equity, private wealth, or corporate development setting
- Three-statement modeling capability
- Familiarity with market intelligence tools such as Capital IQ
- Market point-of-view development experience
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf