QC Inspector III
John Zink Hamworthy Combustion is now hiring for a Quality Control Inspector III in Tulsa, Oklahoma. John Zink continues to grow their Tulsa manufacturing facility and test center into a world class operation. We are recognized for safety, environmental excellence, innovation, and customer service. In this role, you will maintain all quality aspects of assigned projects, have a good understanding of quality requirements, as well as maintain and complete project records. The ideal experienced candidate will have excellent written and oral communication skills. This is a 1st shift position from 7:00am to 3:30pm. This role is not open to visa sponsorship.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Oversee the quality activities of assigned projects from the start of the projects to completion with the manufacturer
- Review specifications, drawings, and/or other pertinent documents as needed to understand the scope of supply
- Communicate with the Project Quality Manager, which is of the utmost importance during the review process
- Monitor and review product group’s project activities and ensure that they are brought to completion within the scheduled period of time
- Perform and document inspections and tests per the Inspection Test Plan (ITP). When the ITP and customer specifications do not agree, you will contact the Project Quality Manager for clarification and direction
- Assist customers and authorized inspectors with in-process and final inspections
- During execution of projects, manage the quality of the projects to ensure that adequate inspections are being performed to minimize warranty exposure
- Review or build the dossier for each of your assigned projects to ensure they are complete, accurate, and properly organized before they are submitted for final approval
- Participate in continued training in the fields of welding, nondestructive testing, drawing interpretation, and quality assurance
The Experience You Will Bring
- Five (5) or more years of experience with heavy production ISO 9001 and ASME Section 9 Code inspection
- AWS Certified Welding Inspector (CWI)
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Production welding experience
- Nondestructive testing knowledge
- Metallurgical physical testing knowledge
- Quality control processes specification and regulatory standard understanding
What Will Put You Ahead
- Ten (10) or more years of experience in ASME Section 9 Code inspection within a heavy production industry
- Experience in the petroleum equipment supply industry
- Protective coatings specification and regulatory standards experience/knowledge
- ASME, ASTM, AWS codes and standards
- NACE Level II Coating Inspector
- Associate’s Degree
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf